drifting prints

SIMONZ

drifting prints

Post by SIMONZ » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:07 am

Can anyone come up with a reason for the drifting I am getting on my prints? I have had an issue with this printer from day one, all the 8mm rods were bent, some by 0.8mm so I have replaced them. Next issue I had was the prints jumped so I changed the Y axis motor, removed the metal printing plate and put glass directly on the heating platform and slowed the print speed. Taking the extra weight off helped and the glass bed made for a very clean base print.

The problem i now have is the prints have what appears to be a regular wave pattern where it appears to move forward and backwards on a very small scale yet very consistent. Hopefully the pictures will attach. I have put the stepper voltages to 1.1v.

This is my first printer and a friend who has two has helped set it up but cant come up with a reason.

Many thanks, Simon
Attachments
20180426_073458.jpg
20180426_073458.jpg (297.3 KiB) Viewed 6239 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: drifting prints

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue May 01, 2018 5:17 pm

welcome Simon
I have been wondering for a long time what to do to advise you on such a case...

Let it be my excuse that I am not an expert at all, but just an insane and crazy customer and user of the Geeetech printer. :-)) I started my adventure with spatial printing at the beginning of this year ;-)
Perhaps I am distinguished from other users by the fact that I am very inquisitive and I analyse everything carefully.
The worst thing is that nobody helps me. So it takes me a lot of time.

But I have decided to share my opinion with you on this matter. As they say in the pile, strength, ;-D or every two heads is not one.

First of all, I think that the setting of too much current on the stepper motor controller is not good.
It may happen that the stored energy cannot be discharged by the motor coil and the controller generates another impulse ...
I consider this to be a forceful solution, which I do not like. Bo nie ma to jak po dobroci ;-P

Subsequent considerations make me think about temperature stability (of both the head and the work table) and maintaining uniformity of filament feeding.
And the material itself ... did you try to print something from another batch of filament?
The material can be cooled unevenly, resulting in different shrinkage on the surface ...
It is also important that all mechanisms work very smoothly, lightly and without resistance. Nothing can’t jam.

It may be that the problem is complex and is caused by several factors. And the solution itself can be so simple that it becomes invisible.
Just like in life.
I would like my talk to lead you to a good idea, and to be influenced by it to solve your problem. ;-D
I greet you warmly and wish you an early solution to the problem.

Did you know that I haven't replaced anything in my printer yet?
Well, I lied ;-)
I replaced the springs from the work table ;-)

I simply think that the printer must work as the manufacturer has created it. Even if it now has poorer components than before.

Tomyuan

Re: drifting prints

Post by Tomyuan » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

What Kaktus says is correct.
I think the issue root is the belt or the rod.