A30T Capacitive sensor problem

Okapi

A30T Capacitive sensor problem

Post by Okapi » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:11 pm

I have tried to connect a capacitive sensor to the 3 pin JST-XH 3 pin connector on the back of the print head but apart from driving the print nozzle into the bed, i have had no success. I have tested the sensor with 5V DC and it appears to work fine, by the way it is a LJC12A3-5-Z/BX NO sensor. I have checked the pins to the main connector and it appears the -ve pin is open. Can anyone help as I have found that the 3D touch is not repeatable for this printer.

TJ1113

Re: A30T Capacitive sensor problem

Post by TJ1113 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:38 am

I just installed a LJC 12A3-4-Z/BX NPN on my A30M with no success.

Is there a small screw on the top of the sensor? What I did was set my manual level up at the middle of the bed. I used a 3mm disc to set the height of the sensor. I removed the disc and the turned the small screw until the light turned off. When it did I turned it the opposite way until it turned on. I then turned it just a smidge more.

I then switched from manual to auto level. I adjusted it per the YouTube video (I used the 3D Touch video). Unfortunately it runs through the G29 procedure at the beginning of the print but it doesn't do anything. Once the print starts the nozzle is smashing into the bed.

I've since gone back to manual leveling for now. I don't think ABL works at all on the A30M as I have tried both the 3D Touch and the capacitive sensor.

I hope this helps and you get yours working.

Perhaps you need the NPN sensor? I know you have the A30T but I'm not sure how different it is from mine.

L33roy

Post by L33roy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:09 pm

"I then switched from manual to auto level. I adjusted it per the YouTube video (I used the 3D Touch video). Unfortunately it runs through the G29 procedure at the beginning of the print but it doesn't do anything. Once the print starts the nozzle is smashing into the bed."

Did you get any help with this? I have just got an A30T myself and every print i try the auto level starts working fine but, when the print starts the novel again slams hard into the print bed and in some cases starts gouging a channel in the print bed. (I have a nice deep grove in my print bed now) The test file prints fine everything, when I try anything I have made it will start off with a vertical priming line fine then gets to the home position and starts slamming into the bed.

So Far I am using the the latest Cura (4.7) slicer with the following printer profiles. As cura has a profile for the A20T I started with that and just adjusted the bed sizes. This is where is first started gouging. Looking through the forums I saw people saying change the flavor to repetier and marlin. Both gave me the same result. I also tried using the Creality CR-10 profile again adjusting the print bed to match the A30T's and using both Marlin repetier. Both failed with the same outcome.

I have the 3D touch and have followed the video instructions for the offset and also defaulted the printer before letting it auto level and try without me adjusting any offset and also after doing an offset.

The only print that almost worked got to 50% before suddenly the printer began printing everything about 10~12mm offset on the Y axis which is not shown in any of the slices. I have ran these sliced gcode files into a cocoon create and had no issues with them. Can someone advise how I fix this before the print bed/ nozel or something else is ruined on the new printer?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi,you can enter the following suggestions in Repetier Host and send them to test one by one:
M280 P0 S10; push the pin down
M280 P0 S90; pull pin
M280 P0 S120; self-test – continue until you pin up / down or release alarm
M280 P0 S160; release alarm

Modify the z offset of 3d touch,
Whether to remove the limit switch of the z-axis. :D

You can refer to: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18371
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

L33roy

Post by L33roy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi William, the 3D touch is responding OK, the limiter is ok unless certain slicers are used only then does the printer actively ignore them and gouge the print bed. It looks like this is an issue with the slicer coding not the hardware limiters as they all work fine when tested, weirdly I have just tried cura again but via USB and seems to be working OK, though will need some additional tweeking for quality. I am hoping that I do not also have a repeat of my last model when the printer shifted the entire project roughly 12mm laterally for no reason making half the project offset from the rest of it.

Will do some more testing hopefully I can find settings and a slicer it will like.

halcyon

Post by halcyon » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Have similar problem auto insists on homing to - 1.000 mm, hence below bed level, will not change this value.

Brian

Fer1ris

Post by Fer1ris » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:09 pm

I am also having this issue, does someone have any solution for this? kindly share your views, thanks in advance.

KPryor

Post by KPryor » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:27 am

I am also having the same issue. There nothing like trying to show off your new printer that had been manually leveled. And when you add the auto level sensor by following the video, and do the demo only to watch it face plant into the bed and gouge it repeatedly. I'm glad that I haven't added the glass to the bed yet. It seems that the limits switches did not apply with the auto level sensor attached. Once I removed it, everything went back to normal.

nickscorpion

Post by nickscorpion » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:55 am

I also installed the sensor and when printing, the nozzle moved across the table. First, I installed the sensor in size (from the beginning of the body, where the stem comes out, to the table it should be 8.2 mm), then I turned on the calibration of the nozzle on the table (along the Z axis) and now everything works. The link shows the dimensions, how to install it. Suddenly someone will help. I ordered my sensor on the geeetech website along with the printer.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2rwa/49Lc9F6rB