Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

myxlflik

Re: Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

Post by myxlflik » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:57 am

jamest,

I originally had a problem with G29 thrashing the arms around wildly and then slamming down pretty hard onto the plate. In my case it was because the Z stop probe logic was backwards. If your G28 (retract all three axis' to home positon) works fine but G29 thrashes around and crashes, try modifying Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true in the configuration.h firmware file and re-install firmware. Then run G28 followed by G29 and you should see improvement. There is a section in the instructions to make sure to modify the build plate radius as well to make sure it is correct. I don't remember where that is off the top of my head but if you don't have those values set correctly you might have thrashing and crashing problems. I do remember the instructions were incorrect on the connecting rod length settings. I think the instructions said 186mm to center of the holes and mine were 196mm to the center if I remember correctly. If you are still stuck, I can try to find the link to those instructions, but I am pretty sure I got them right from Geeetech.

Mark

Re: Mini G2S Extruders not extruding

Post by Mark » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:23 am

Hi, can you show your M119 results when at home position(with the probe up) and when the ensdtops were not triggered,such as at the position Z=50(with the probe down)?

jamest

Re: Mini G2S Extruders not extruding tips

Post by jamest » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 am

what I found out, temp must reach 170 b-4 extruder will run, fail safe.. if G2s you will need to set config.h 1 extruder will be true other false . remove fans to see gear turn if wrong direction change. make sure filament is not broken & completely inserted in hot end. P.S check extruder for hole if no pla comes out... Some hot ends may not have had to hole drilled in them. check... drill 3mm hole if you can but contact seller with pictures.