G2S Pro Extruder not working

chooroon

G2S Pro Extruder not working

Post by chooroon » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:40 am

Hello @All,
the extruder on my G2S does not work.There is no filament transport during the printing. The tempeature is okay - if i moved the filament manually, it was printed.
For loading/unloading the filament the extruder works fine.

What could be the reason of these malfunction? The printer was build and tested with the official dokuments.

thx
chooroon

Mark

Re: G2S Pro Extruder not working

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:16 pm

is your nozzle too close to the bed when printing? or how's your driver voltage? is it proper? you can check out this link:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17097

chooroon

Post by chooroon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:53 am

Thanks for reply,
I've checked the distance between nozzle and the bed. It looks good. Even when I print anything, the stepper motor for the extruder does not work. But when I preheat the extruder and test it with repetier host, the stepper motor works. Load and unload the filament works fine.

thanks for any ideas to resolve the problem
chooroon

elocm

Post by elocm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:57 am

I assume you extruder is cloaked. Does mean there is plastic inside, that was heated to long and/or to hot. The only way to get it clean is to disassemble the nose first. Then check, if you can melt the PLA at all. You should get dropping 1-2mm PLA. In this case only the nose is cloaked. Best to replace it with a new one. If this still does not work use a needle and check if you can remove the bad things. The temperature should be 200°C for PLA. So take care of your hands. This is hot.