Z axis would not move + end stoppers

kpt

Z axis would not move + end stoppers

Post by kpt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:40 am

My z axis motors would not move, they just jitter. I have tried to adjust the voltage on the motor driver board, but it still just jitters. Do you know why?
I have tested the end stoppers at the y and x axis, it`s like the printer don`t know they are there, and if i send the axis home it just goes 5 mm or something even if its 100 mm away from the end stopper. Do you know something about this? maybe something in the marlin configuration?

kpt

Re: Z axis would not move + end stoppers

Post by kpt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:10 pm

It`s a Geeetech acrylic prusa i3. Btw the x and y axis just move in one direction.

kpt

Post by kpt » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Is there a marlin configuration file i can get from geeetech? That suits the Geeetech acrylic prusa i3?

paulwhy

Post by paulwhy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:28 am

I had the same problem. I have asked Geeetech several times for the configuration file, but so far no response. I am very dissapointed.

I had the same problem with the motors only going one direction. The problem was the max endstops were triggered even though they do not exist. I put jumpers on the max endstops on the RAMPS board and that solved the problem, but I think it would be better to change the firmware so they are ignored.

My Z axis would not turn until i put a few drops of wd-40 on the screw threads and turned up the current to the z motors on the little driver board.

Hope this helps. I hope Geeetech technical support answers us.

john

Post by john » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 am

Hi kpt,
We are sorry to reply you so late.Here are some suggest to you.
1. Z axis didn't move.
Check two Z axis steppers and keep them in a same level. If not, Spin any one to make them to a same level.

2. Endstoppers
Did the cable be cut? The cables were thin and easily broken.

3. X,Y always moved in a direction.
X,Y,Z Axis Steppers would always moved in homing direction Until the endstoppers were detected. Please make the endstopper OK firstly.

kpt

Post by kpt » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:20 am

1. Z axis motors is going around if i take away the screw treads, they are in the same level. still not working.

2. i have soldered one cable that was bad.

3. If i get the axis to detect the endstopper it apears to forget it. If i for example take the y axis to detect the endstopper and then press home, it just goes to a random place.

What should i do? Do you have a standard marlin setup for the Geeetech acrylic prusa i3, maybe it fix some of the things?

john

Post by john » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:06 am

Had you uploaded firmware by yourself?
Please leave you Skype ID and our custmer server will contact with online.

kpt

Post by kpt » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Yes, i did find a marlin file that i tried, that should be for ramps 1.4, but im sure the setting depends more on the model. I dont have a skype account, is it possible to send the firmware on mail or just leave a link somewhere??

john

Post by john » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:28 pm

You can download the firmware from Marlin github, here is the link. You can lean how to use the firmware, keep your focus on configuration.h, it include all configuration you need to change.
https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin

kpt

Post by kpt » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Now its ok, the endstoppers was not working because of how it was set in marlin, i got help from another forum. The z axis had trouble because one of the z axis threaded rods was bendt. i replaced that, and now it`s working!