Extruder works manually, but not with Gcode file

Xyver

Extruder works manually, but not with Gcode file

Post by Xyver » Mon May 08, 2017 3:01 pm

I've made a Delta RostockG2S, and am having troubles getting it to print properly.

Ive completed the build, the wiring is done, the firmware is uploaded, and everything works, except the extruder when I upload a GCode file. When I use the manual controls through the LCD screen, both extruders work fine. When I connect to the computer, and use Repetier, I can use the manual controls, and both extruders work fine. When I send GCode commands through Repetier, both extruders work fine. When I upload a GCode file and try to print, the print works (the heaters work, the motors work, and the bed heats properly) but it doesnt extrude. The extruder just twitches.

Ive tried changing many slicing settings, Ive done relative E distance and absolute distances, Ive tried with and without retraction, Ive tried G0 and G1 commands, I've tried everything I can think of and what everyone suggest on the searches Ive made through previous forums. It is not a cold extrusion problem, the hot end definitely is working properly and the thermometer is fine as well.

Any ideas? I know I've said I've tried everything, but I'm willing to try again. What are some suggestions?

Ive followed these build instructions: http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... ck_mini_G2, and have been using Slic3r 1.2.9, and Repetier 2.0.0 (as well as the version previous to 2.0.0)

Thank you for your time

William
Site Admin

Re: Extruder works manually, but not with Gcode file

Post by William » Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi,as to the extruder twitching,you can refer to this post:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17&t=17038.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Xyver

Post by Xyver » Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but its none of those. The motor is wired correctly, its getting enough current, and it moves correctly.

Its something in the Gcode, or in the slicing software...

mitchell.goes

Post by mitchell.goes » Sat May 20, 2017 5:17 am

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue, did you ever find the solution?

Thanks