3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

daveapplemotors

Re: 3D Touch Sensor:Auto-levelling for Geeetech 3D printer

Post by daveapplemotors » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:19 pm

It looks easier to rewind the coil on the 3D touch than it is to rewind a motor; and I have rewound many small BL motors. If you don't have any wire I can mail you enough to do the job. I have 30#, 32# , 34# and 36# wire here. Measure it in thousandths of an inch.

I don't know which side of the pond you are on from your profile, though. I am in the USA.

shiva

Post by shiva » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:54 am

hi,
I am using I3 pro X.I soldered 3rd pin as per instruction and also updated frimware.When i connected sensor not working.Pls some body help me.Pls let me know how to test 3rd pin properly placed or soldered?
Thanks in advance
Shiva

ajey

Post by ajey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:00 am

#daveapplemotors Thank you for your help and offer. I'm from Europe so it doesn't make any sense to send it to me. I will gave it to my friend and he will rewind it. But I'm still angry as hell...

ajey

Post by ajey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:02 am

#shiva.

Add some pictures, it will be much easier to reply with solution.

shiva

Post by shiva » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:38 am

Hi Ajey
pls check attached image in 1st image i soldered 3rd pin.In second picture wiring.I onneted Black-Brown,Green-Orange,Blue-Red and in 2 pin section connected Blue-Black and Red-White.

ajey

Post by ajey » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:27 am

Wow. You should solder on bottom not on top. It looks burned. Try to solder on bottom maybe you didn't solder enough.

daveapplemotors

Post by daveapplemotors » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 am

It is easier to solder on the bottom.

shiva

Post by shiva » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 am

Ya,I soldered backside also .I made small hole and through hole i put the pin and soldered.Please tell me how to check it properly sold?any particular signal or current will come?

Richtofen

Post by Richtofen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 am

Ajey - What was the firmware problem you mention? I have the same problem: installed the 3DTouch sensor, modified firmware as indicated in the Wiki, my sensor responded properly to the M280 P0 S10/S90/... commands, but I just cannot get the thing to work. For instance, the final steps on the wiki (calibration) assume that you could have a negative Z ("lcd shows Z=0 ... move Z slowly down"), but my firmware does not allow you to move Z to negative values. If I just go ahead and follow the calibration steps (starting from a manually levelled bed) I get the effect that you mention: the extruder moves to all corners, the pin comes out and and retracts in each corner, but it moves further up after each corner. And since I cannot control it to negative values (there has to be a way and I don't know it), all I can do is to install the no-sensor firmware, and home it the normal way (reconnecting the Z min sensor, of course).

ajey

Post by ajey » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 am

I didn't do it as described in manual... and on a first run when I thought everything was in order my 3dtouch broke down, so I didn't test it. I hope that I will have some time and repair it this week and try it out.

But I must say that it is much more complicated than I thought it might be.