APM is an open source flight control system, it is a multifunction system that can support quadrocopter, as well as aircrafts of fixed -wing, three-axis, 6-axis,8 -axis etc.
APM flight control is a rather mature technique with formidable capabilities: it supports GPS designated cruise and automatic return; supports data transmission to realize the remote receiving of real-time data from the aircraft; supports pan-tilt control technique of professional cameras to ensure anti-vibration aerial photograph; supports peripheral interfaces as airspeed meter and galvanometer to ensure stable flight and low voltage protection of voltage detection in real time.
1. Adapts PPM decoder chip- Atmega32U2 to take charge of the surveillance and controlling of PWM signal of mode channel so as to switch between manual mode and other modes, thus improving the security of the whole system.
2. The directional data provided by the inertial measurement unit (two-axis gyro and single-axis gyro) and triaxial accelerometer (to measure the speed of three axes and accelerate the speed), cooperating with the three axis magnetometer or GPS can be corrected to realize directional cosine algorithm and calculate the attitude of aircraft.
3. Integrated with MPU6000 (three-axis gyroscope + triaxial accelerometer), MS5611 berometer and HMC5883L three axis electronic compass.
4. Supports data transmission to realize the remote receiving of real-time data from the aircraft
5. Supports pan-tilt control technique of professional cameras to ensure anti-vibration aerial photograph
6. Supports airspeedometer to measure the airspeed of aircraft.
7. Supports airspeedometer to ensure stable flight and low voltage protection of voltage detection in real time.
8. Integrated with 12-bite high-precision AD chip which can convert the analog voltage output by airspeedometer and the temperature output by three-axis gyroscope, triaxial accelerometer and dual-axis gyroscope into digital value.
For more information, please refer to wiki.
1 x APM2.52 flight controller board