- 3D PRINTER 
- 3D printer filament 
- MICROCONTROLLER 
- Mini PC 
- UAV 
- FRIENDLY ARM 
- ROBOTICS 
- BREAKOUT 
- SENSORS 
- DISPLAY 
- WIRELESS 
- ACCESSORY 
- TOOLS 
- OE(D) M Service 
When you use Arduino Due as the controller of your 3D Printer, you may find the RAMPS1.4 is not compatible with DUE.As you know the Arduino Due is a microcontroller board based on the Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3, the importance is the Atmel SAM3X8E chip used on the Due operates at 3.3V,worse applying 5V to the Due's inputs will likely damage the chip.
So we create a new RAMPS variant which is compatible with the Due to replace Ramps1.4.
Why should I use Ramps-FD instead of Ramps1.4
* The RAMPS-FD has other hardware protection, through the jumper cap control motor drive IC
* The RAMPS-FD Much more than Ramps1.4 2-way PWM
* The RAMPS-FD has Larger driving power than Ramps1.4
* The RAMPS-FD 'POWER has two choices:12v and 24v
Why should I select Arduino DUE instead of Arduino Mega
* CPU operates at 3.3V
* High-current IO pins are capable of 15 mA source, 9 mA sink
* Low-current IO pins capable of 3 mA source, 6 mA sink
* CPU package has an absolute max of 130mA
* The Due has 1 dedicated SPI port, and 4 multipurpose USART/SPI ports. The SPI port is only routed to the 6 pin header used for ICSP on Mega, but this is not used for ICSP on Due
* The Due does not have any EEPROM
* Due has lower power, computing faster and flash, sram bigger than mega2560.
You will need to buy a LCD adapter for RAMPS-FD.
1 × RAMPS-FD Shield for Arduino DUE
For more information, please kindly check wiki page.