What software are you using?

tymal77

What software are you using?

Post by tymal77 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 pm

I have a question for everyone in the community, and while I feel it's a pretty simple question, I imagine there's about a million different ways to answer it. The question is - "what software are you using and why?" I'm curious to see what everyone is moving to (or from) and why that is. Sure there's the ranking sites, but they don't really get into the meat and potatoes of the interfaces, more just focusing on how much people are talking about them.
Last edited by tymal77 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: What software are you using?

Post by William » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:22 am

I will use the repetier-host,cura,s3d,slic3r and matter control.
If you want to know which one is the best.You should test all of them.
Cura:A tons of menu and it can support you more choose on slice
(You may need pay more time on it and then you can know what the menu used for)
S3D:Smoothly and you can edit some specific gcode(This software need you pay for it,it is not free)
I also use other slice software.
Have a try then you will know it,
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 am

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Since the beginning of my adventure I have been using Repetier-Host. This program is so intuitive and user-friendly that I want to get to know its possibilities in depth.
It's a very interesting alternative because of the additional features I won't tell you about, and I'll encourage you to read a few sentences of the manual. :D
It allows you to work with different versions of the slicer and that's great :!:
In addition, despite its simplicity, it allows you to carry out a fairly accurate configuration tailored to the needs of the individual user.
Certainly, one of its advantages is also the ability to install on most of the OS. :P

In some time I will also be testing myself the Repetier-Server.
This is also an interesting option considering that using an old phone or tablet connected to the printer, I can get very interesting possibilities.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

destroix

Post by destroix » Mon May 06, 2019 8:09 am

tymal77 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 pm
I have a question for everyone in the community, and while I feel it's a pretty simple question, I imagine there's about a million different ways to answer it. The question is - "what software are you using and why?" I'm curious to see what everyone is moving to (or from) and why that is. Sure there's the ranking sites, but they don't really get into the meat and potatoes of the interfaces, more just focusing on how much people are talking about them.
i will use the repetier-host,cura,s3d,slic3r
In some time I will also be testing myself the Repetier-Server.