marlin 1.1.8 firmware download

keyser187

marlin 1.1.8 firmware download

Post by keyser187 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:55 pm

hi all,
i have got marlin 1.1.8 running on my pro w and it seems to be running fine.
i have tweaked the speed settings to my liking (acc/velocity/jerk)
i have changed the e steps for my printer so you may want to check yours.
i have added the manual mesh bed leveling (i dont have a sensor/probe)
i have auto tuned my PID for heatblock and heat bed so you may want to do yours.( im still using what came with the pro w)
i think that was about it.

use at your own risk as i am new to 3D printing also, but as i say i finally got it running quite smoothly for now,
ill also add that im using a bowden setup but i cant see why this wont work for the direct setup also as i have left the x axis offset as default(auto).
[attachment=0]Marlin1.1.8_ProW.rar[/attachment]

you also need arduino 1.8.5 to upload and always remember to verify before uploading.

thanks and hope it helps
Attachments
Marlin1.1.8_ProW.rar
(883.24 KiB) Downloaded 4635 times
Last edited by keyser187 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: marlin 1.1.8 firmware download

Post by William » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks for sharing!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

kewlape

Post by kewlape » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 am

Pretty Cool. I was struggling to get the 3d touch probe working. Just loaded this. I will use this firmware till I get the auto sensing to work. Lots of manual controls on the menu. Thanks.

My starting corners are off. Any idea how I can set this ?

Kiran

keyser187

Post by keyser187 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:09 pm

You may need to check your x axis offset. On the standard pro w setup I think it was -14, I've changed to a Bowden so my nozzle has moved to the centre of the carriage more and is now -7. It shouldn't be 0, 0 on the x axis is when the nozzle is inline with the edge of the glass.
You can set the offset through either the firmware or on the LCD screen.
Regards

JustinSB

Post by JustinSB » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:27 am

I'm running 1.1.8 too, with a heavily modified version of one of the supplied Geeetech Configuration.h files (alas, not ready for public consumption yet). My 3D-Touch is currently being replaced by Geeetech (Charly Pan rocks), so I have reinstated my old, bog-standard, Z end-stop. Marlin 1.1.8 is working beautifully, but I have other issues that are also waiting on replacement kit from Geeetech, all of which have stopped me printing, again.

@kewlape - you need to search Configuration.h for:

// Travel limits (mm) after homing, corresponding to endstop positions.

& then set your X_MIN_POS & Y_MIN_POS to something sensible for your printer.

#define X_MIN_POS -13
#define Y_MIN_POS -26

I have an E3D Lite6 hotend on an E3D Titan extruder, so mine will most definitely be different from yours, if you are still attempting to use the stock Geeetech extruder & hotend. However, this will allow you to get it all organised.

My advice would be to use a terminal & issue a G28 command, so it homes all 3 axes. then issue G0 Z10 to get your hotend 10mm above the bed. Next, do a G0 X10 (or X11 or X12 etc, etc) until you have a winning number for where you want your X axis to home to. Do the same with the Y axis (ie G0 Y10, etc, etc), then enter them into your Configuration.h as above. For the record, G0 is Gee-Nought (or Zero, depending on your nationality) & not Go, as in go go go - if you do type in Go, trust me, it really won't go, go, go anywhere...

@William - I will upload my configuration.h here as soon as you fully activate my account so that I can, & I'll also probably submit it for addition to the Marlin base code. It's actually quite straightforward, once you get your head around it, although some of the configs provided are less helpful than they should be, as they're using out of date info. I've also got a really nice 3D-Touch enabled Configuration.h for the latest Bugfix version of Marlin, but my 3D-Touch has a problem solenoid so I can't use it (the pin drops repeatedly, mid-print, regardless of how much I twiddle the hex-screw - & when the pin drops, it catches on my prints, & then everything goes pear shaped really rapidly).

I'm really close to getting everything working & I'm pretty sure that I have my software almost fully sorted - I just need my hardware replacement bits. I'm back stuck in my Chicken & Egg situation, where my 3D-Touch is knackered, & my Borosilicate glass plate bows up in the middle by between 0.2 & 0.5mm, which kills my first layer - unless I have a 3D-Touch to compensate for the banana shaped glass. I also need to print a custom mount for the 3D-Touch, as the E3D Titan extruder & E3D Lite6 hotend need a custom X-axis mount, as they're not at all compatible with the stock Geeetech mount. I'll get it all figured out soon enough though...

keyser187

Post by keyser187 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:45 pm

An easier way to do the x axis, is to move it manually on the LCD screen by 1mm at a time until the nozzle reaches the edge of your print area. Then stick a "minus" in front of the number and change in firmware or go to set home offsets on the LCD.