Slanted Prints from the Y axis

SIMONZ

Slanted Prints from the Y axis

Post by SIMONZ » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 am

I am a newbie when it comes to 3d printing and a friend of mine got my M201 running for me once I had built it. I do have a problem that is starting to get me a touch frustrated as well as my 9 year old who just wants to print things!
The problem is the prints all seem to start reasonable but then once it starts building the layers they seem to start going towards the back of the printer, as if it's jumping on the belt. I have checked the belt and its tight and so is the drive pulley on the motor. I have gone onto cure and slowed the print speed down which has improved things a bit but its still doing it! It is more prominent when it's doing infil or small letters as the print platform is moving quickly, every now and then is like a clicking noise coming from the printer. I have ordered a new Y axis motor that has 500mN.m holding torque as my gut feeling is the motor doesn't have enough of a "brake" within itself to hold the print platform when its moving rapidly. But thats just a guess, like I say I'm new to this stuff!

Help? Please!

William
Site Admin

Re: Slanted Prints from the Y axis

Post by William » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:42 pm

1.You can refer to this pic, loosen it a little
Y motor.png
Y motor.png (839.18 KiB) Viewed 19745 times
2.You can check the voltage of the Y axis motor driver board A4988
Refer to this post
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17097
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:41 pm

I observed a similar phenomenon.
https://imgur.com/N6NoyQA
the printout has been stopped by me.

https://imgur.com/bF6m4CF
there is a shift in two directions
because every time I corrected the position of the mechanism manually.

Simonz probably has this case:
https://imgur.com/f89sB4A

I often observe this phenomenon using projects from the Internet.In addition, if the object is scaled, it is certain that such an offset will occur.
You can overcome this by reducing the FR (frame rate?) Parameter to about 80, or less.
I'm coping with this at this moment.
I consider this solution temporary.
It is interesting that the shift has never occurred in the projects that I created.
I do not reduce the speed of the printer then.

Our printer has a very large number of parameters that configure traffic.
Probably something better can be done there.

Unfortunately, there is no description for this and for me, everything is not clear.
In my opinion, after the reduction of the dynamics of movement, such a fault would not occur.

2.3. Motion
Z offset: 0.00
Accel: 1000
Vx-jerk: 20
Vy-jerk 20
Vz-jerk: 0
Ve-jerk 5
Vmax X: 400
Vmax Y: 400
Vmax Z: 24
Vmax E: 50
Vmin: 5
VTrav min: 5
Amax X: 800
Amax Y: 800
Amax Z: 20
Amax E: 800
A-retract: 1000
Xsteps/mm 80.00
Ysteps/mm 80.00
Zsteps/mm 400.00
Esteps/mm 101.00
Home speed X: 200
Home speed Y: 200
Home speed Z: 60

On the forum I asked for support in completing the subject: cactus' guide - Menu-tree M201, FW v1.0.03
but it seems to me that there are no people willing to help with the Geeetech team.

In my opinion, William indicated a very good point to check.
This mechanism must work gently, and it can not resist.

I also think that the work table has its mass, it moves very quickly. The problem can occur with dynamic direction changes.
And if the dynamics of motion decrease, the effect should be satisfactory.

SIMONZ

Post by SIMONZ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 am

I have just got hold of a set of straight guide bars, (8mm silver steel) as the ones supplied have up to 0.8mm run out, I realise this won't be the problem but doubt its helping.

Whilst i am sorting this out I checked all the voltages and between VDD and GND are all 3.3 volts. The voltages from the GND to the potentiometer varies from 0.43v to 1.08v. Its a GTM 32 board.

There are 3 drivers together the right hand side of the board, top 0.43v, down one 0.80v and bottom 0.88v. The two on the left side are top 1.04 and bottom 1.08.

Sounds like i know what Im doing? Not really, just following advice from this forum.

The first thing I tried was the belt tension as being a mechanic just assumed this was the problem but it wasn't slipping or jumping. My other thought was the weight of the glass I have put on the bed? I see on the pic below there is no aluminium plate attached, is it ok to just have the glass directly on the heat pad?

I appreciate all help on this, thanks.

SIMONZ

Post by SIMONZ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:06 pm

These are an example. All printed individually.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

[quote=SIMONZ post_id=83384 time=1521942020 user_id=64937]
I have ordered a new Y axis motor that has 500mN.m holding torque as my gut feeling is the motor doesn't have enough of a "brake" within itself to hold the print platform when its moving rapidly. But thats just a guess, like I say I'm new to this stuff!

Help? Please!
[/quote]

You write about buying a stronger engine.
In the meantime, there are two large engines in our model - model number: 42HSC8402-15B11
model number: 42HSC8402-15B11
They probably have the following parameters:
MK8 Stepper moteur, NEMA 17, Torque 600 MN, 2 Phase, 4 Wire, 1.5 A, 60 mm 1.8 Degree,
I wrote probably because it's my guess.
Someone from the Geeetech team could confirm this.

Have you come up with the idea to temporarily replace models?
And to control the Y axis mount the larger one?

SIMONZ

Post by SIMONZ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:13 pm

The motor I have ordered is a Nema 17, 42HS3418-24B15. Came across it on Geeetech spares site and someone asked if it would work on the M201 as it was more powerful and they confirmed it would be ok.

Would I be better fitting better quality drivers, the Black Range, or even go to Digital drivers to cope with the slightly higher amps?

Fitted new build platform rails and now it runs really smooth, just the Y and Z rails to change next, getting there!

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Kaktus is correct!
The power of 15B11 is better than 24B
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:28 pm

[quote=SIMONZ post_id=83476 time=1522307600 user_id=64937]
... Came across it on Geeetech spares site and someone asked if it would work on the M201 as it was more powerful and they confirmed it would be ok.
[/quote]

It is interesting to know that the producer knows about certain problems and is silent.
I believe that it is in his interest to inform customers what can be improved to make the printer even better and work great.

I think that's why this forum was created, but I can be wrong.

SIMONZ

Post by SIMONZ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Update.....

ITS WORKING!!!

Replaced all the guide rods as all came with a bit of a bend, one 0.8mm so everything is moving in straight lines now.

Replaced the Y axis motor with a bigger one. Adjusted all the drivers to 1.0v.

After all this it refused to feed correctly so it was now a case of looking at this problem. The filament appeared to be slipping badly as it would print if I helped the filament so the feed motors came apart. After a bit of thought I decided on sharpening the teeth on the little brass feed wheel with a very small triangle file. Next was to add a bit more tension to the spring so I added a small washer top and bottom to give it a bit more pressure.

Built it all up, levelled the bed and so far it has been printing great.

Thanks for all the advice on here.