Print Layers Too Thick

Sloopy

Print Layers Too Thick

Post by Sloopy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:04 am

Good afternoon. I just assembled my Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro W and I am having some quality issues. The layer resolution seems to be way off. I have it set in Cura to 0.1mm but the prints look closer to a 1mm layer height, but print at a 0.1mm resolution. The photo below should give you an idea of what I am talking about. It seems to be the vertical layers, unsure why. The resolution in Cura is set at 0.1mm, Temperature is 210, bed is 60 degrees. I'm using PLA filament from Geeetech, a spool I bought separately. The bridging is not an issue at the moment, the weird zig zag/blob looking lines is a problem.

The print-
[attachment=1]image1.jpeg[/attachment]

The model in Cura
[attachment=0]Chair.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Chair.JPG
Chair.JPG (87.85 KiB) Viewed 10536 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (241.78 KiB) Viewed 10536 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Print Layers Too Thick

Post by William » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:36 pm

You can try to set layer height to 0.2mm
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sloopy

Post by Sloopy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:04 pm

I noticed the strange offsets were spiral in nature and I think one of the threaded rods are bent. You might be able to tell from the photo that the legs look like a spiral. I've ordered some lead screws to replace and plan to change the steps/mm accordingly. Straightening the rod proved fruitless and will likely end up damaging the threads by the time it is straight. I will update once the new rods are in place.

-Sloopy

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:17 pm

Sloopy wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:04 pm
I noticed the strange offsets were spiral in nature and I think one of the threaded rods are bent. You might be able to tell from the photo that the legs look like a spiral. I've ordered some lead screws to replace and plan to change the steps/mm accordingly. Straightening the rod proved fruitless and will likely end up damaging the threads by the time it is straight. I will update once the new rods are in place.

-Sloopy
I will keep an eye on it
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!