Prusa i3 Pro C - Heating issues, calibration issues.

FR_Grim

Prusa i3 Pro C - Heating issues, calibration issues.

Post by FR_Grim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 am

Hi,
I recently finished assembling the Prusa i3 Pro C 3D printer but I'm having some issues.

Issues :
1. My 3D printer doesn't seem to go to the negative values so for example my Z axis is stuck up here and I can't make it go down, same for the X axis with my extruder, I can't simply manually force it, can I ? . How am I suppose to calibrate all of this ?

2. Regardless of the calibration issues, I tried to print something but I had a "MAXTEMP" error with the software "Cura", I didn't try with Repetier.

3. I can't find the button that lets me navigate in the LCD menu, I can only turn the knob which changes an "Fr" option with a %.

4. My motors are struggling to move sometimes, I will buy WD40 tomorrow.

What did I try ?

I tried using Cura and Repetier to see if I can calibrate my 3D printer, I can't.
I installed the firmware from this topic viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17046 with my version, hoping it would do something, nothing happened.
Apparently I have to modify something in configuration.h, however there is a lot of things people are saying on topics and I'm completely clueless about what I'm supposed to do first and not what to do...
Could you help me guiding me please ?

Thank you.

William
Site Admin

Re: Prusa i3 Pro C - Heating issues, calibration issues.

Post by William » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm

1.You should check the wiring of Endstop is correct
ENDSTOP-接法.png
ENDSTOP-接法.png (627.62 KiB) Viewed 4897 times
2.You should try another slicing software for a test

3.I think you'd better upload a video to Youtube and then I can find more info on it
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

FR_Grim

Post by FR_Grim » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

Okay-

I managed to fix the MAXTEMP issue by simply switching the wiring of my extruder thermistor captors on the control board.
I also managed to move my axis by temporarly changing the #define INVERT_"AXIS"_DIR true/false and putting it back on default after moving it from Repetier.
Now, my machine started to print however it was printing in the air and not on the center of the hot bed. Have I missed a step ?
As for the knob, it seems like I can only turn it, I can't push it and the only other button is the "reset" button. As I'm able to control everything from my laptop it's fine but if I need to be able to control the LCD panel I will try to post a video.
This is my printer : https://www.amazon.fr/Geeetech-Pro-Extr ... B00VA2QK4M

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am

Ok,I will be waiting your video
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!