Mecreator2 Xaxis going Mad, roaring grinding can't find home position

indyanhorse

Mecreator2 Xaxis going Mad, roaring grinding can't find home position

Post by indyanhorse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 pm

hello geeetech crew, hello William hello Amy,

If it is not too late, i wish you a good year 208 and full of success. I know that people contact you just in case of problems and that can be frustrating.

I am a happy customer with the mecreator 2 that i ordered the 12 of december 2017 ( i've send the details on technical arobase geeetec dot com ).
It has printed without problems, very fine objects and layers, even no nozzle clogging .

I am just encountering one problem which stopped the mecreator2. The x axis is going mad, going erraticaly left-right, roaring grinding a strange big noise, cannot find the home position.
I watched the geeetech forum first and before writing you i i did some tests.

-1 i plugged the x motor on the y cable to see if the motor had problems. It has no problems, the X motor runs ok when on another cable.

-2 i tested the two cables arriving on the Xaxis motor with a multimeter. The two cables are ok.

-3 the led pannel show an error message "x axis end hit stop" i unplugged the x stop sensor and replugged it , no change.

-4 i opened the bottom pannel but no sign of heat, no dust... ( i join you pictures of the bottom plate but i think it will be useless to you).

-5 i installed easyprint 1.17 but it crashed avery time once installed so i reinstalled the easyprint fromthe sd card

-6 i tried to install a new firmware( mine is the 1.03), but the software shows the message " failed"

-7 i made all the test again without computer but the xmotor is still mad.

Now i don't know what to do, if on of the driver is out of service, or the board, or just the firmware. I downloaded a firmware-file called mecreator2.zip but i don't know what to do with this file.

My board is rev B

Thanks in advance

William
Site Admin

Re: Mecreator2 Xaxis going Mad, roaring grinding can't find home position

Post by William » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi, nice a day
I think the issue root is A4988,
You can swap the A4988 of X axis and Y axis
Then you will get the result.
QQ图片20150914174428.png
QQ图片20150914174428.png (132.58 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

indyanhorse

Post by indyanhorse » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Ok William, one million thanks for your rapid answer .
i will check that tonight.

indyanhorse

Post by indyanhorse » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi William,
i found the problem, it comes from the cable, the dirviers are all ok, but the cable has some weakness on the blue component. The cable of the X axis got some torsions but was mainly ok, i put the four component of the cable out of the protections and the the dark blue component has 8 point of weakness, the current is passing sometimes sometimes not, it becomes very thin in some parts. I can solder another cable to replace the dark blue but there will be no protection anymore.