Some problems on Rostock 301

VEmakers

Some problems on Rostock 301

Post by VEmakers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 am

Hi to all.
I bought and assembled a Rostock 301 delta printer and now i have some problems:

1) The SD card is recognized only if it is already inserted in the reader at the power-on. If I insert the card after the printer is turned on, the reader does not see it and from any software i can not do the mount / unmount operations of the card. Have you any solution?
2) The diamond hot end does not extrude properly, it seems clogged. I tried cleaning it with the supplied tool but it not work. To resolve this problem, the seller propose to replace the hot hend (very good solution :D ).
3) i have motion problems but only during printing. From the LCD panel and software control panel I can control the movements of the x, y and z axes and these are performed correctly. Instead if I start a print, the movements are often wrong, especially in the z axis. How can I fix it?

At last, I would like to know the correct printer configuration values to be set in the LCD menu.

Thanks for your help and apologize for the English translation done with Google

William
Site Admin

Re: Some problems on Rostock 301

Post by William » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi,
1、Maybe you should try another sd cards,at the same time,somethings are wrong with the LCD panel board.So could you take some photos about it in both sides?
2、Sounds great.
3、Could you take some videos about it?It will be better to be solved.
4、You can find the printer configuration values in User Manual.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

VEmakers

Post by VEmakers » Sat May 27, 2017 6:20 am

Hi,
1) I tryed with 5 different type of SD Card but the problem is not resolved.
I attach for you some photo's of LCD/SD Reader panel Board as requested.
2) At moment, the seller have not send me a new Diamond hot end as was promised me.
3) I send you a video where you can see the bad extrusion and some unsuitable movements.
4) the configurations that i search, are not presents are the values in the menu that i sent you in the last photo

Please solve my problem quickly as possible.
Are some months that I bought the printer but I can not print it yet.
more_info.zip
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 620 times

VEmakers

Post by VEmakers » Sat May 27, 2017 7:01 am

Sorry,
I had forgotten to send the video... but now the forum system not acepteting the file extension mp4 or wmv.

1) I tryed with 5 different type of SD Card but the problem is not resolved.
I attach for you some photo's of LCD/SD Reader panel Board as requested.
2) At moment, the seller have not send me a new Diamond hot end as was promised me.
3) I send you a video where you can see the bad extrusion and some unsuitable movements.
4) The configurations that i search, are not present in the User Manual. Are the values in the menu that i sent you in the last photo

Please solve my problem quickly as possible.
Are some months that I bought the printer but I can not print it yet.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat May 27, 2017 3:26 pm

If LCD still don't work after trying different SD cards,there are something wrong with the SD card slot and maybe you should replace it with a new one.And as to the Diamond hot end,Please contact your salesman about it once again.
As to the video,I cannot find where it is? :?: You can upload it on Youtube or something like that and just send the video link back in this post.
As to the wrong movements,I think It will be ok just after you upgrade the lastest firmware with EasyPrint 3D.Here is the instructional video which you can refer to:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8lk-Hb ... gE&index=6.I think it's not necessary to change value of motion in the LCD,just keep it default.

Aircraft Monkey

Post by Aircraft Monkey » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 am

After I built kit and confirmed all wiring to board I figured everything was ready to go. The Drivers were already installed on board when I got the kit so I didn't have to fool with them. I thought that was nice. I the end I powered up the printer to find sparks flying from underneath the printer. Well come to find out the drivers that were installed backwards. So In the end lost most of the drivers and it blew out the boards CPU too. I have sent pictures to the one that sold me the printer and have not heard back yest on the resolution. I have searched for new board to use in the place of the one that went out but there is no place I can find that sells these boards. It either is too new or experimental. The Display is showing 2 bars of blocks across the entire screen. I'm assuming that this is due to the other issues. Where is the protection on this board to prevent these type issues from happening? I don't know which. Any ideas on where to get a new board or an alternate board to put in its place? I believe my wiring skills are still exceptional since I did work in an electronics company building them wonderful game systems that everyone loves like Pac-Man and may other stand-up games you played in places like Bars, Game Rooms, Walmart as you walked into the store. I'm not up on the micro chips much though.
Drivers That blew out sparks when powered up.jpg
DRIVERS THAT DECIDED IT WAS THE 4TH OF JULY EARLY.
Drivers That blew out sparks when powered up.jpg (130.6 KiB) Viewed 14407 times
main board cpu.jpg
THE MAIN BOARD CPU THAT DECIDED IT WOULD BE IDEAL TO BE THERE WITH THE DRIVERS.
main board cpu.jpg (273.03 KiB) Viewed 14407 times
LCD BARS.jpg
LCD THAT HAS SQUARE BLOCKS 2 LINES ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SCREEN
LCD BARS.jpg (112.89 KiB) Viewed 14407 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:56 am

Hi,sorry to hear that,could you leave your email address and order number?Then the seller will contact you as soon as possible.

Aircraft Monkey

Post by Aircraft Monkey » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:08 am

Sorry William, The guy that sold this machine to me lied. He clammed he was an employee of Geeetech when in fact he was just an outside merchant that did not work for Geeetech. I am still today without a board that is owed me by this seller but I got so fed up with him I will not communicate with him again.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:55 am

:oops:

Aircraft Monkey

Post by Aircraft Monkey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

William, So here I sit with a machine I paid over $400 for and cant do a thing with it at this point. So I am considering scrapping it out and selling parts so I can buy another printer that is not a Geeetech at this point. I dont know what else to do. Unless you are willing to send me a board that is owed to me. Which I really doubt will happen since I could not get it from the original seller due to the original bad board was lost in the mail getting to him.