i3 prusa b acrilic Reseting by itselfe

darkprinc

i3 prusa b acrilic Reseting by itselfe

Post by darkprinc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

I recently bought i3 prusa b geeetech acrlylic.
Been using it for 2 weeks... hapilly printing with it. But now the printer started reseting mid print. Lately more often than couple day before. Excuse my poor english.
About a week ago i repaced arduino firmware, because my x-axis would home on the wrong side. After update it worked fine. But couple of days later... the printer started reseting mid print.
I noticed if i reset the board (mega 2560) on the button, I am able to print small prints without reseting.

Any advice, how to fix this problem?

Any help would be welcome.

bang

Re: i3 prusa b acrilic Reseting by itselfe

Post by bang » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:30 pm

I guess it happened when you were printing via USB?If it did,maybe it is the communication issue and i guess you can get some error message in Repetier Host..
Did you try print with SD card to take a look?

darkprinc

Post by darkprinc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:39 pm

It did. Repetire said it disconected in the right top corner... and the lcd flickered and reset...
But... connection in repetier on the left side was stil on. I could still home the printer bed... the heaters for the bed and the extruder both reset and turned off. The position of the extruder was on the printed location on the object...

bang

Post by bang » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Maybe it is the DC output on your PSU is not stable during the process?You can test it with a multimeter when printing:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18061

darkprinc

Post by darkprinc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:39 pm

It was the usb. I tried with sdcard it printed perfectly.

thank you for your suggestions.
If theres a fix for the usb... please let me know... othervise i'll just keep printing throug the sdcard

thx

PrinterHacker

Re:Prusa i3 prusa b 2017 SD card printingg

Post by PrinterHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:52 pm

I am having a problem of stand alone printing using SD card. Has anybody had success? The LCD panel recognises the sd-card insertion but it cannot read the gcode files. Message on the LCD panel displays "not files found".

darkprinc

Post by darkprinc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 am

Have you tried reformating the sd card to fat32 or fat16 file system?

PrinterHacker

Post by PrinterHacker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Printing from SD Card Solved.

Follow the following steps to print from an SD card.
1. Format the card to FAT32 not NTFS.
2. Copy slicer file on to the card from Repetier. When you slice the STL file in Repetier, it will show the option to copy to the SD-CARD. It is important to copy the file from Reperier as it will append start and end gcode commands.
3. Make sure the file extension is .gco and not .gcode. Keep the file name as short as possible.
4. Insert the card into LCD port.
5. Switch on the printer (reboot). The printer will not recognise the files if you do not restart the printer.

That is it.