Rostock 301 Bed Levelling

raoulito9

Rostock 301 Bed Levelling

Post by raoulito9 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:54 pm

My procedure for bed leveling.

1 The bed is attached to the back delta plate with 3 screws with springs. Be sure that it is perfectly level, adjusting the screws, with a caliper or some wedge.
2 Set printer height to 220 on screen printer
3 enter those scripts in repetier (printer config):
script1 G0 X0 Y0 Z5 F2000
script2 G0 X60 Y-40 Z5 F2000
script3 G0 X-60 Y-40 Z10 F2000
script4 G0 X0 Y70 Z5 F2000
4 Home printer and use scrip1, it will drive the head at the center of the bed, close to it, lower Z to 0 with repetier manual control, and measure the remaining distance (in mm)
5 Adjust printer height adding the mm you measured at step 4 (for my printer, 225)
6 Home printer, put a A4 80g sheet of paper on the bed, launch scrip 1, lower head to 0 manually (0.1 by 0.1 steps),
7 The sheet of paper must be barely blocked at 0, and move almost freely at 0,2. If not, adjust Zoffset in printer screen to get that result. Home each time you adjust Z offset.
8 Use script 2 (it will drive the head close to a column) and lower head to 0 manually (0.1 by 0.1 steps). The sheet of paper must be barely blocked at 0, and move freely at 0,2.
9 If not, adjust the screw (with small spring) on the carriage (screw it if head is far from bed at 0, unscrew if head crashed on bed before 0).
10 Home printer and go back to step 8
11 Do the same with each column, using script 3 and script 4 (steps 8 to 10). Do it at least 2 or 3 times. (column X, then Y, then Z, and again, and once again). Lets admit the sheet of paper trick is perfect, close to each column.
12 Home printer, put a A4 80g sheet of paper on the bed, launch scrip 1, lower head to 0 manually (0.1 by 0.1 steps).
13 If you are lucky, then the sheet of paper must be barely blocked at 0, and move almost freely at 0,2.
14 if head is to far from bed, then your bed is "concave"; If bed is concave, then reduce the Control/delta/delta radius value.If it is convexe, then augment it.
15 Go back to 12 till your Z=0 head is perfectly adjusted (paper trick step 13)
16 check one more time the Z=0 close to each column with scripts 2, 3 and 4 (paper trick)

Tadaaaa....
Your bed is levelled !

Lami René

Re: Rostock 301 Bed Levelling

Post by Lami René » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:38 am

Hello,
Bonjour,

You can find the original text into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Pour ma part, je recommande l'achat d'un vernier digital (pied à coulisse) et d'un micromètre digital (qui serviront par la suite pour mesurer les pièces 3D imprimées avec votre imprimante).

En lieu et place d'une feuille de papier, d'utiliser une carte d'affaires "carte professionnelle" qui normalement fait 0.3mm d'épaisseur, ce qui correspond à l'épaisseur des couches pour l'impression avec une buse de 0.4 de diamètre.

De mesure avec l'instrument digitale l'épaisseur de la carte d'affaires ou d'une feuille de papier plier en trois (pour avoir une épaisseur entre 0.3mm et 0.32mm).

Le frottement doit être ressenti, mais ne pas empêcher le mouvement fluide de notre carte ou papier de mesure étalon entre 0.3mm et 0.32mm.

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

For my part, I recommend buying a digital vernier (caliper) and a digital micrometer (which will be used later to measure the 3D parts printed with your printer).

Instead of a sheet of paper, use a business card "business card" that normally makes 0.3mm thick, which corresponds to the thickness of the layers for printing with a nozzle of 0.4 of diameter.

Measure with the digital instrument the thickness of the business card or a sheet of paper fold in three (to have a thickness between 0.3mm and 0.32mm).

The friction must be felt, but do not prevent the fluid movement of our card or standard measurement paper between 0.3mm and 0.32mm.

Cordially,

The friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

Cup

Post by Cup » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks you guys for sharing :lol:

Eve Blaack

Post by Eve Blaack » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi, good step by step guide for bed leveling. I am just looking for it here in Australia. I just bought a silky bedspread which goes slip from my bed, so i need the leveling to fix it. Thanks!
Buy Bedheads Online in Australia @ SALE

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:22 pm

:-)
I'm happy that this is usefull for some people around (Autralia !!!; i'm from Paris France).
Remember to use a A4 80g, not a busineess card, you are trying to mesure 0,1mm...

Cholsing

Post by Cholsing » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:44 am

Please help I can seem to get my printer leveled

Poppy Ann

Post by Poppy Ann » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi there,
has anyone come up with a auto level program yet? when I first bought one of these printers Geeetech said it was working on the firmware to allow for auto leveling has anyone heard of a date that it will be available? as yet my machine has produced zero prints it has just acted as a bookend for over 2 years i have tried to level it many many times but no matter how good the leveling is as soon as i try to print the leveling has altered, also when i try to print somthing as soon as the head moves acros the bed the part it first printed just gets pulled off the bed, i have tried it on just the plain heated bed, with masking tape on the bed and on a glass bed and it still just pulls the first part off the bed.

any help would be greatly received
regards Poppy Ann.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:24 am

Poppy Ann wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Hi there,
has anyone come up with a auto level program yet? when I first bought one of these printers Geeetech said it was working on the firmware to allow for auto leveling has anyone heard of a date that it will be available? as yet my machine has produced zero prints it has just acted as a bookend for over 2 years i have tried to level it many many times but no matter how good the leveling is as soon as i try to print the leveling has altered, also when i try to print somthing as soon as the head moves acros the bed the part it first printed just gets pulled off the bed, i have tried it on just the plain heated bed, with masking tape on the bed and on a glass bed and it still just pulls the first part off the bed.

any help would be greatly received
regards Poppy Ann.
Rostock301 don't support auto-leveling (the new version of 301 is being adapted)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Poppy Ann

Post by Poppy Ann » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:12 pm

I know the 301 Does not have auto levelling with the software it came with but at the time I bought it they stated they were working on it and would put out an update to include it soon that was back in September 2017 I am thinking of changing the print head to a single one just to see if I can get Auto Level working.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed at the moment. :(
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.