having minor printer quality issues

mihokopi

having minor printer quality issues

Post by mihokopi » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:42 am

Had the printer about a month, its a prusa i3 B since then ive had to replace the usb cable, all the screw rods were bent, ive tried 3 different brands of filament, and only the sample one ended up working.
Since then i got a 3dtouch to help with bed leveling, just printing the holder didnt work well as seen in the last picture, so i had to make one out of wood to hold it, til i can figure out the print issues.

this is the first 3 attempts, the usb failed on the first one, the sd failed on the second.

Now if im lucky to gets the first layer to stick it ends up like this

close up of the print

right after i took it off the bed it fell into 8 parts.

they were all printed in pla with a heat range of
extruder 195-220
bed 70-95

If possible could someone take a look at the prints and see if they can identify an issue from the way they look.

bang

Re: having minor printer quality issues

Post by bang » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi,
How did the failing perform?The printer keep running while the filament not coming out?Or it stopped running and never continue to run?
Did you try re-flashing the firmware?

mihokopi

Post by mihokopi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Some time the filament didnt come out at all while printing, othertimes its extruded but didnt stick instead picking up the previous layers creating a ball of filament on the noozle. The filament its been doing it with was 3d filaprint premium, rigid.ink and some super cheap chinese filament off ebay, all pla. The whole time it will contiune the print until its completed even if no filament is layed down.

I already had to reflash it once, the x-asis is inverted on mine, then a second time to add the 3dtouch, its running the latest stock firmware, i tried the rcbugbranch version off the forums but every time my bed levels, it moves up 20 on the z asis after it bed levels, so i switched back to the Marlin-PI3_Pro_B_3DTouch.zip off the forums.

bang

Post by bang » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm not sure if you have the same problem with the following post:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=18507