Backup Slicer's settings from G-CODE

Kimberlin110

Backup Slicer's settings from G-CODE

Post by Kimberlin110 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi !

I've got a geeetech prusa i3 pro B which took me a while to obtain good results by configuring Slicer but few days ago my laptot crash and it was impossible to restore my files so that's why i've lost all the slicer settings.

As i still get some G-code files on the SD-CARD, does anyone know if it possible to get back the slicer's settings from a G-code file ? :D

Thanks in advance !

William
Site Admin

Re: Backup Slicer's settings from G-CODE

Post by William » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:02 am

Hi,
Never did this before,i guess it's diffcult?
But you can have a try,open the .Gcode file in Repetier Host and click "Edit G-code" in tab "Print preview" to check the settings you configured for it.
And the first thing you should do is to understand what every line codes stand for,you may wanna read this:
http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRap
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Kimberlin110

Re: Backup Slicer's settings from G-CODE

Post by Kimberlin110 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:12 pm

I had a look on the G-code text but i guess it's impossible to understand which slicer setting make the difference just by comparing 2 G-code lines... It's more like a kind of mix between every settings. I guess...

The only solution could be an option on slicer which found every parameters by comparing the original .SLT file and the .GCO so this function probably doesn't exist :?

So next time i will save somewhere else the slicer settings ;)

If anyone can found a solution, it still could be interesting. Anyway, thanks for the answer !