M201 - won't print

ric chin

Re: M201 - won't print

Post by ric chin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:59 am

On the M201 Voltage was .58 now its 1.0v.....still sits there moving the filament back and forth.....now what? you got a fix for that...? how exactly do you ensure your product is ready to ship?...do I have another boat anchor?

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:07 pm

then you need to check the motor or motor driver, also the motor cable. You can interchange the motor or motor driver or motor cable with the X axis one to check if one of them is dead or not.

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:45 pm

look...I am not stupid...the motor moves the filament from the command on the computer to extrude....it will also extrude when given the correct M command and print head ID no. T0, or T1...

both filament motors do it...on command.....its when its attempting to print. there is no filament advancement....like I said ...moves it back and forth 10mm...

It's one thing to sell some one something thats has a problem...buts its a different problem when you start insulting your costumers...

It's Firmware.....I have been through this before...it took me 6 months before you guys would admit that there was something wrong with the firmware on my Prusa I 3 Pro C ....for 6 freaking months you had me chasing electrical ghosts....fix your dam firmware...

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 am

The problem only shows up when you attempt to print...it extrudes just fine on manual....from the software...and just for you I ripped one of the extruders off the other machine and it did the same thing...

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:24 pm

"buts its a different problem when you start insulting your costumers..."
I'm not insulting anyone, just trying to solve the problem as the firmware works quite good on my M201. You can try to install the latest version1.0.3 or the old one and see if it works. If not then you can contact the sales to talk about it. The firmware is here:
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17046

ric chin

Post by ric chin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:01 pm

Okay...I have found a interesting issue....I got my M201 to print....but it will only do it on my Mac with the older Repitier host V.56
I have only got it to print one colour so far...I will continue to investigate...

The motors chatter and rock the filament back and forth on the windows 7 based software using repitier host V1.6.0...therefor, it won't print...Its interesting to note the Pro C also does that on this version of windows based Repitier host V1.6.0....but still continues to print....but very thickly...not sure whats going on here ...but I am happy the machine prints...

that is all.

stefbois

Post by stefbois » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:26 am

Hi

Did check the temp of your display vs the block of the heated nozzle?
The picture where your filaments jammed in the extruder?
Then I have the same issue as you...You will find that your display
seem to report 220 degree but you extruder is actually 107 Celsius...

Strange 220 = 107c hum display is In F?
As fuck what?
Then I can not try my theory as the limit of the adjustment is 270c and I would need it to get to 400 something to prove
that the head would be at 220c...But more baffeling the bed display is no right either but more in range of the Celsius....58c and I read 43c...

I am also waiting for them to give me a clue..

stefbois

Post by stefbois » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:34 am

Hi all

Here my discovery on the pig tail filaments
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=17616...

In my case and probably yours...The display is not accurate at all first...
And since we mostly had jam we all had to remove the ptfe tubing and then got pigtaill filament...

The display on mine measured with a fluke meter and a lazer meter is showing 243c when actually it gett to 217c.
The bed is also wrong by almost 30c....so 70 as to be 100 on display...

And I did dismentle the nozzle and cleanned properly...re-inserted the ptfe and no more pig taill first!
And I can test the proper temperature to set knowing that I have to add 26c to my setting!

Can someone try it and let me know if it is a general bug going on for the temperature?
I would suggest a correction in the software...Being able to add correction factor to the temperature....
Also that the bed sensor should be glued in contact with the pad silicone or something similar removable...
I will attemp thermal past in between pad and sensor for a start and maybe after cover it with a tiny bit of silicone...

derf32

Post by derf32 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:08 am

Hi,
2 week I received m201 and i never can print :( All my time use for read forum looking for resolved many problems and clean my hotend, but I stay without printing
I think I have same temperature problem, my PLA don't go out nozzle before 237° on display
An other problem for me, i supposed my hotend it's not new, i never have screw without head in both side and the hole in hotend have not same diameter :/
You can see in picture the different hole

please can you help me and confirm for the hole in your hotend

(sorry for my poor english spoken....)

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:18 pm

this might be a manufacuring defect, you need to contact the sales to talk about it.