X-Axis Belt Comes Loose From Belt Bracket

Ruffturn

X-Axis Belt Comes Loose From Belt Bracket

Post by Ruffturn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:39 am

Hello, I have the acrylic i3 Pro C. I was printing the other day and the x-axis belt came loose from the blue plastic bracket on one end. I pulled it tight enough for some moderate tension and slid it in. I'm not sure how many prints I've attempted since then, but it came loose twice today. The belt just seems to slide out axially somewhat easily (toward the y-stop).

I dabbed a little hot glue into the groove with the belt ends anchored and it's warming up for a print now. I'm concerned though. Is there a better way of holding the belts into the bracket?

Ruffturn

Re: X-Axis Belt Comes Loose From Belt Bracket

Post by Ruffturn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:10 pm

By the way, it's a little too warm back there for hot glue. Looks like it began to melt after finishing a 2 1/2 hour print. It came loose again as the next print began. :(

SoddOff

Post by SoddOff » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm

I am encountering the same issue. I agree it looks to be heat related. I am looking at modifying my bracket to 'pin' the belt in place. When I get around to it I will design a new bracket though I would need a new belt to use it. :roll:

Ruffturn

Post by Ruffturn » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:49 pm

I was in the middle of printing when it came loose the last time. I inserted a couple of short pieces from a tooth pick to wedge the cogs of the belt into the grooves in the anchor. It has held ever since.

waldamore

Post by waldamore » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:16 am

i have the same issue right now :-(

has anyone found a practical solution for this?!

bang

Post by bang » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Did you guys have this STL file?It works on my printer...
PI3F-B01-BlteClip.zip
(34.91 KiB) Downloaded 522 times