First Print help

orest

First Print help

Post by orest » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 am

My printer is built, software is installed and everything is working. Once I check temperatures and level the plate, I would like to print something simple. I gave 2 questions.

1. Does someone have a simple structure that I can print to test calibration?
2. Is there information to walk me through loading the filament, setting temperatures and starting a print.

Thanks much in advance.

Orest

zhangxueyou

Re: First Print help

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:50 am

1.Please unzip the attachment and copy it to you SD card. Plug the SD card to SD card slot on back side of LCD.
2.Raise the temperature of extruder and hot bed by LCD(Control>Temperature>Nozzle/Bed).
200 degrees for extruder and 80 degrees for hot bed, if you use PLA.
240 degrees for extruder and 95 degrees for hot bed, if you use ABS.
It's hard to describe how to load the filament. I think you should figure it out yourself. The key is to plug the filament into the hole, if you can't see the hole, you can use a flashlight.
3.Print from SD card: Print from SD card>file name.
Test_40x30x10_PLA_1.75_0.3.zip
(17.83 KiB) Downloaded 1323 times

orest

Post by orest » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Thanks for the quick reply and information. I have one more question about how to set the z stop so that it is the right position for printing the first layer and at the same time not crashing into the glass plate. I have already leveled the plate.

orest

Post by orest » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 am

I followed your directions and got the filament in and the printer printing. BTW, it is much easier to load the filament if you remove the fan and heat sink on the extruder. This exposes the inside of the feeder and you can easily guide the filament into place. I ran a test structure that I had following you directions for temperatures for the bed and the extruder and had a problem getting the first layer to stay on the bed. It was being dragged around by the extruder. The second layer was much more stable, but the damage was already done. I'm attaching pictures to show you how the PLA piled up. What can I do to fix this. I did use your version of Repetier to start the run.

Thanks much,

Orest
Attachments
IMG_0926-2.jpg
IMG_0926-2.jpg (255.81 KiB) Viewed 23059 times
IMG_0927-2.jpg
IMG_0927-2.jpg (209.49 KiB) Viewed 23059 times

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 am

Raise the temperture of bed to 80 degrees. Smear a layer of glue or hair spray would be better.

orest

Post by orest » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks much for the advice. I did the hairspray trick and changed all of the settings in Repetier to match what you recommend and that worked very nicely. My bottom layer is now staying in place.

Any advice on making the surfaces smoother? I get roughness on the surfaces. Is my flow too fast?

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am

orest wrote:Thanks much for the advice. I did the hairspray trick and changed all of the settings in Repetier to match what you recommend and that worked very nicely. My bottom layer is now staying in place.

Any advice on making the surfaces smoother? I get roughness on the surfaces. Is my flow too fast?
I think adjusting the belt will be better. Not too tight but not too loose, when you can easily move the axis with you hand, that is the best.

luiscolo

Post by luiscolo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:02 am

hi zhangxueyou,
wich slicer do you used to do the test piece? nothing prints better than this test piece for me up to this moment
thank you, Luis

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:01 pm

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!