Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Vilab

Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Post by Vilab » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Hello,

I ordered and received 4 GEEETEch TMC 2208 for my GEEETech A10.

Installed them the correct way : power off, stepper motor disconneceted, correct direction ( confirmed by pin name and color )...

Powered on, Tweaked the V ref to arround 0.7V ( later between 0.2 and 1.1V : no change ), inverted axis in the firmware

Powered off, reconnected motors, powered on

and the issue is that 2 of the TMC do not send any command to the motor ( those do not even activate ), while the other 2 only send command in one direction ( a -3mm or +3mm will give the same result of +3mm for exemple ) and do not even take into account inversion of direction on the firmware, yet make the motor run smoothly, accurately and quietly.

putting the A4988 back : the printer works nicely

I sent ticket to GEEEtech, but they are late to answer and i would like to be able to print correctly again quickly ( i burned 1A4988 while checking, so i work currently with 3A4988 as X Y Z with 1 stupid 1 direction TMC for E0 to print without retraction => awful )

Do you have any idea how to fix that issue ( changing Vref between 0.2 and 1.1V don't, removing jumper neither... ) ?

Or do you think that the 4/4 TMC are defective ( in 2 different scale !! ) ?

Thx

Vilab

Re: Weird behaviour of GEEETech TMC 2208

Post by Vilab » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:00 am

So, i have bought and installed TMC 2208 v1.2 from an other brand and installed them the same way. Those do work fine

GEEETech still hasn't answered, i will return their product

PS : late follow up, GEEETech started answering 5 day after my first message, and refunded their product before i actually returned it