Best Slicing Software for 2 Color prints

mleeber

Best Slicing Software for 2 Color prints

Post by mleeber » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:07 pm

Ladies and Gents, I have had my A20M for over a year now and it is a hate-love relationship; hate being first because it is far more trouble than my other printers. I am an ex-IT geek so I am not a complete idiot but I fled IT in 2001 when the off-shoring became counter productive to sound IT practices. Anyway, I started with Cura and it worked well for single color or blended color prints but I could not make it work with items that were more complex and less abstract. I briefly tried Slic3r but the UI is not for me, I probably would have appreciated it more when I was writing Pascal code. I stumbled onto IdeaMaker and it seemed to produce much better prints than Cura although the UI is not what I would consider intuitive. I have been using IdeaMaker and it has been working but now all of a sudden my 2 color GCode prints are only coming out in one color. If I use the OctoPi terminal and send a T1 command I get this message "Not queuing T1, that tool doesn't exist according to the printer profile or was reported as invalid by the firmware." However if I turn the printer off and back on I am able to extrude from both extruders; it seems like there is a command in my file somewhere that is telling the printer there is only one extruder. I have reviewed all the GCode and took out everything that looked superfluous but no luck. SO I am on a mission to find a slicer that I can invest the time in to learn and reap the benefits of successful and beautiful multi-color prints. In fact I would have purchased an A20T by now if I were not having so much trouble with multi color printing on this printer. Oh and did I mention it seems like this printhead needs to be disassembled and cleaned every hundred hours or so and definately when trying to go from PetG back to PLA?

On a side note, is it worth adding TMC2208s to this printer if I can get it printing well?

Thanks!

William
Site Admin

Re: Best Slicing Software for 2 Color prints

Post by William » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 am

Hi,based on your description,
There may have been unfinished prints before.

You can use TMC2208 to replace the original driver board.
Be careful to replace with the power off,
Note the color correspondence,
Modify the corresponding motor running direction in the firmware.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

chc

Post by chc » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:31 pm

mleeber wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:07 pm
SO I am on a mission to find a slicer that I can invest the time in to learn and reap the benefits of successful and beautiful multi-color prints
Hello,
Buy Simplify3D - 149 USD (You have 2 weeks to change your mind and refund)
The prints are perfect at the first time, without losing time in tweaking parameters, endless.

Printed in 0.3 mm yesterday, with the default Profile for A20M :
IMG_20200109_085501.png
IMG_20200109_085501.png (399.5 KiB) Viewed 8236 times
Best regards,
Christophe

Aannea

Post by Aannea » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 pm

Hello, do you have fff file ?? , I can not print It like yours.

Thank you so much.

chc

Post by chc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:20 am

Aannea wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 pm
Hello, do you have fff file ?? , I can not print It like yours.

Thank you so much.
Hello,
I have just used the default settings for A20M, available in Simplify3D
No modification at all. Just the settings, out of the box.
Is your Slicer Simplify3D?

Best regards,
Christophe