Very disappointed so far. Need help and support is none existent

johnday29

Very disappointed so far. Need help and support is none existent

Post by johnday29 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:01 am

Does Geetech have any tech support? I can't get them to answer Skype even though they say it is instant. I bought an A20T and for the life of me can't get it to update the firmware to include the 3dTouch. I just keep getting a timeout. I followed all the instructions, have tried multiple usb cables/ multiple ports, multiple computers and get the exact same issue. I bought this a week ago and still have yet to use it. If I don't get help soon it is going back to Amazon!!!!! very disappointing.
Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (22).png (575.9 KiB) Viewed 10930 times

William
Site Admin

Re: Very disappointed so far. Need help and support is none existent

Post by William » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:38 am

Hi, When you update the firmware, you cannot open the slicing software (it will take up the port)
You can try to re-plug the USB, restart the printer, and re-open the firmware tool;
Then you can try to change the path without special characters and spaces and at the end (1) don't
and try again.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 pm

HERE is what i had to do .

Find a very old computer. . I used a acer wih a core 2 duo running at a thing 1.1 ghz .. So yes very old.

1. Get the Flash utility and flash file on c drive Not in a folder .
2. DOWNLOAD AND RUN USBDVIEW. Delete all USB DEVICES IT FINDS.
3. Install the USB DRIVER FOR THE PRINTER. (DO NOT REBOOT THE COMPUTER)
4.Plug in the printer and check device manager for its Port .
5. Start flash utility by right clicking on program and running as ADMINISTRATE .
6 Drag and drop the flash file into the utility ..
7..The Tricky part .. (YOU MIGHT HAVE TO REPEAT ALL OF THESE STEPS 20-40 TIMES)
As soon as you click the update button at the bottom of the utility.. You have to hit the Reset button on the printer. You must hit this right at the moment before the first time out message appears. But not to soon. If it appears its to late. If you get that timing perfect it will flash. If IT DOES NOT FLASH AND YOU GET THAT FIRST TIME OUT.. GO BACK TO STEP ONE.. DO NOT BOTHER TRYING AGAIN.. This is problem is because the USB DRIVE IS NOT TOTALLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE FIRMWARE ON THE MAIN BOARD OF THIS PRINTER.

More bad news.

Once you get it flashed (which is a waste of time)
You will then start to find and notice all the other issues.

MAIN ISSUE
This printer has 3 extruders 1. hot end. The firmware only knows it as having one extruder in all its settings and Configurations unless you use the Mixing feature . EXTRUDER 01 AND 02 ARE Virtual extruders NOT TRUE HARDWARE CONTROLLED IN FIRMWARE..
Why this is a issue.
Calibration. Calibrating e-steps on each extruder can not be done.. MY OO EXTRUDER OVER Extrudes by 6mm My O2 EXTRUDER Under extrudes my oo extruder by 13 mm.. So I calbriated my middle extruder to 1 mm under extrusion . This of course is allowing the o2 to work okish . The left extruder is leaving blobs..
NO WAY TO GET IT TO PRINT PERFECT..

Second issue.
If you want to print with any one extruder you have to do so with extruder 00 you cant use 01 and 02 you cant use 00 and 02 .. you can use 00 and 01.. but it will still extruder filiment from 02 in the tower even if you turn it off in the slicer. Even if you reconfigure the printer as a 2 extruder printer..
I have a RETURN BY DATE ON MY Calender and sticky next to the printers lcd... if there are no fix for these by this date AMAZON IS GETTING IT BACK.

I could mention the temp to low issue. The if you end a print you have to reboot the printer to start or restart another print. The issues with getting the Gantry and Z SCREW LINED Up . Bending parts is required to get them to run smoothly.

Also the knob on my lcd appears to be loose . it kinda wiggles a bit and if you do not push it down on the exact center of it it will not click on what is highlighted.

I have two cracked extruder idler arms. Reprinted them from a item on thingiverse and left the screws a bit loose so they do not bind on all 3

Other then above Well there are probably more . I really want this to be a GREAT PRINTER...

The good.

Things STICK TO The print bed very well.
The actual hot end mixer.. Seems to be OK.. BUT If yours was put on wrong like mine was you have to disassemble it and turn it to avoid clogs.

YES THIS IS FOR SURE A YOU BUILD DIY KIT THAT WAS Pre assembled

I will be quiet now. This is my observation and opinion.. others may have better luck and maybe i just received a bad unit.

GOOD LUCK ...

I will continue printing single color items on my other 3 printers that just print without the hassles.

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:51 am

Vert

will this eventually happen or do they have a History of not releasing source .

robert15

Post by robert15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:49 am

Hey
I have the same Probleme with the A20T but i can solve it.
Go to your firmware program data
there is a file name : default.conf
Change the baudrate to 250000

AllAroundTechy

Post by AllAroundTechy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello All,

If this is a new A20T you can use just about any PC to update the firmware. I've been able to update the firmware with Octoprint on a Raspberry PI as well as though the Arduino IDE. Please let me know if you need help with this. I'm not a Geeetech employee or paid by them, I just like to help.

pawien

Post by pawien » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 am

Hi there
Yes i would need help.
I have installed the firmware of geeetech with 3d touch since it doesn't work anymore. Always do a reset.
I also can not install the firmware without 3d touch

Schmidt15

Post by Schmidt15 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 pm

Most of the employee's login portals are not much user interactive due to the lack of features available there. So it is always recommended to use the Kaiser Permanente hr where many employers or workers get the access to payslip, Rota, perks, and leaves the database. This type of login portal is always important for every employee who is looking for growth and self-development