A20T Strange Temp Issue

ericarenee

A20T Strange Temp Issue

Post by ericarenee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:50 am

:?: I have been working with 3d printers for quite some time But this is my first multi color machine.

My Issue is a TEMP TOO low!!

This issue happens in Cura 4.1 4.3 and 4.4 Repetier hose v2.1 (latest... I have tried using the pre configured profile from geeetech downloads . I have changed cura settings a milling ways .
I will try to add my Profile below if i am able to upload to here.

I downloaded a 3 color item from thingiverse as well as created 3 simple square with circle in fusion 360 as test subjects.

My Procedure .
1. Import model parts into cura.
2. assign each of the 3 parts to a extruder
3. Merge model . (HAVE Tried printing leaving them merged and un merging them before slicing
4. slicing the model then saving it to sd card.

The model starts printing PERFECTLY . When it reaches to where it starts to print the top layer at 98 percent it stops printing and temp goes to 0 . then screen displays the message TEMP TOO LOW.

Troubleshooting hardware and model
I have one at at time disabled each of the 3 extruders in cura . assigned extruders alternating between the 3 parts and it prints PERFECT AND Does not stop. I have done this on all 3 extruders in all 9 variations ..

Does anyone have any ideal where this is going wrong.

Is there a cura profile around anywhere that has successfully printed something in 3 individual colors with that model available i can test.

When i go thru the same type of trouble shooting with repetier I do not get a error message on the screen but the print stops at the same layer and is not Complete ..

As i said its very strange to me. hope this is enough information for someone to try and help...

Thanks in ADVANCE

Erica Renee .

William
Site Admin

Re: A20T Strange Temp Issue

Post by William » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:11 am

Hi, If you mean the temperature is too low,
you can try to check if your thermistor is fully connected,
and then measure the thermistor.

If this happens only in one print file,
it may be caused by a gcode error, you can try to replace the print file to try.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:07 am

This happens in any of the files i try to print in 3 colors. I can print the same file in two colors Alternating . I can print from all 3 extruders 1 at a time or any two in any combination say printing 1 of the 3 parts in the same color and the other in the second color.
The temp too low message comes up very close to end of the print .

I do not feel its a Hardware issue . Maybe Firmware but that even seems odd. I believe its a Slicer or human error .

If it were a temp thermister or heating issue with Hardware it would be random . If it were a extruder issue it would happen with that extruder.

My thinking anyway.

i have seen nobody anywhere talk about this printer good or bad. Bugs or Perfect printing.. There is really no information. I feel i am the only one with this printer up and Running ...... Also it seems even here on Geeetech website there is very little information available...

Thanks for the replay and if you know if any geetech or other created 3 color items i can test with the geeetech profile let me know where to find them..

Thank you

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 am

Hi, You can try color mixing with Color Mix,
Download here: https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=40

Choose this:
W6G37$1~F99ATT0T{T{92$U.png
W6G37$1~F99ATT0T{T{92$U.png (93.6 KiB) Viewed 16640 times
You can refer to this: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=69600
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 pm

I actually have Downloaded that software. It appears to do the same as color mixing with the on screen mixer settings. This does work with a SINGLE COLOR (ONE MODEL) Print. And does not really at all apply to my issue.

This morning i have tried messing with some on printer settings . going to . Control. Temperature i adjusted the min temp to 198 and max left at 250.
The same thing happens the print prints perfect until it reaches 98 percent then i get the same Temp to low message. when i go back and check the temp settings the min temp is back to 0 .

I have also set auto temp and this setting appears to do NOTHING..
Again in Repetier host the same thing happens the printing stops right before the end but that software does not give a error on the screen .You can just tell it did not finish due to the print surface quality did not complete top layers.

My Conclusion is this printer has a huge flaw and apparently i am the ONLY End user on the planet who has one in there hands using it at this time. I will post my Review on AMAZON and Box it back up as there seems to be no way to get one on one support from Greetech . There is no real documentation or profile settings for this printer other then the Color blending one for cura which does not help print Multi color prints .I am not talking about color mixing prints ..

Also i noticed the firmware date inside the printer is older then the Firmware posted on geeetech /downloads a20t.. But when i look at the online firmware version it says for a10t ... This makes me assume the wrong version is posted online and i have the latest..

Last attempt to any help related to my exact issue is very much Appreciated ..

Erica Renee ...

richdj

Post by richdj » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:01 am

Hi I have the same TEMP TOO LOW message when I'm doing multi colour prints that I've sliced with cura on my 10T. I would be very appreciative of the solution as I now have a large selection of trial prints that ar good but have the top missing!
Please help

JHaugen

Post by JHaugen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:46 am

I have the same issue. I found if you catch it before it says low temp and resume print it finishes just fine. I’m hoping there will be a actual solution but until then here’s what I do to finish the prints.

Mine does a loud beep type sound when it notices the issue. Before it gets to the low temp error I go into the menu and simply press the resume print option and it continues the print with no issue. You need to get to it within a minute or so of the beep or it goes to the error screen and there’s nothing that can be done.

Hopefully someone way smarter than me can figure out the coding or programming issue but until then I will continue to do this.

Hope this helps others until then.

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:54 am

JHaugen wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:46 am
I have the same issue. I found if you catch it before it says low temp and resume print it finishes just fine. I’m hoping there will be a actual solution but until then here’s what I do to finish the prints.

Mine does a loud beep type sound when it notices the issue. Before it gets to the low temp error I go into the menu and simply press the resume print option and it continues the print with no issue. You need to get to it within a minute or so of the beep or it goes to the error screen and there’s nothing that can be done.

Hopefully someone way smarter than me can figure out the coding or programming issue but until then I will continue to do this.

Hope this helps others until then.
In the newly added geeetech a20t forum on here i posted a temp work around by added a post processing script..

Its still a hackish way around the issue to have to use on a Brand new machine.. but well..

jackrats

Post by jackrats » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 am

I know this topic is a bit old but hoping I can add to the story.

I've had an A20T for a few weeks but had not explored mulicolor printing yet due to a problem with the hot end, which GT did replace.

I got it installed today and started trying to play with some 2 color printing, slicing with Cura 4.4.1.

One thing I found quickly is that you need to go manually change the Standby Temperature for every extruder to be the same as your printing temperature. Otherwise, Cura tries to change the temp of the hot end when it changes colors -- and of course there's only one hot end, so that's a bad thing.

I also saw that the hot end temp was being changed to 0 at some point early in the print. I double checked the G Code and sure enough, there was a "M104 S0" right near the beginning of the G Code. If I had not noticed it, the end result would have been the hot end cooling down until it was below the Cold Extrusion setpoint in Marlin and thrown the same error.

So I suspect that the problem you are having is not printer related but slicer related.

After a few other prints I need to get done, I plan to revisit to see if I can nail this down and find whatever parameter is responsible.

For your case, where it happens near the end of the print, I have to wonder -- perhaps Cura is setting the Hot End temp to 0 when it is done printing one of the colors. It thinks that color will not be used anymore, so it turns off the hot end for it. Of course, with a single hot end like in the A20T.............. you'll end up throwing a cold extrusion alarm once it cools down enough.

Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:38 am

Hi I have just got to the bottom of the problem in your g code there is a M104 S0 witch is turning off your printer head if you go to your extensions drop down menu you will need to go in to post processing then go to modify g code then click on add a script go down the menu and look for search and replace then in the search type M104 T0 S0 and in the replace type ; that should stop the heater turning off when it finishes with one of the colours let me know if this has helped