Help: Single Color models coming out a mix

lmcmulle

Help: Single Color models coming out a mix

Post by lmcmulle » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi,

Just got my A20T... looks to be a fantastic unit. I'm still playing around with test prints. When I do a single color test print (say a D&D figure which Is supposed to be all white) it actually comes out as a merge of all three colors loaded.

I'm using Cura 4.4.0 - I followed the setup instructions and loaded the cura profile as instructed. the start up code seems to be creating a tool that mixes all the colors presumably to prime and clear the hot end, so I wonder if it's not switching back or something? if I manually adjust the mix after it starts printing it continues fine.

My start up gcode is (per your instructions):

Code: Select all

G28
G1 Z15 F300
M107
G90
M82
M104 S215
M140 S55
G92 E0
M109 S215
M107
M163 S0 P0.33
M163 S1 P0.33
M163 S2 P0.34
M164 S4
G0 X10 Y20 F6000
G1 Z0.8
G1 F300 X200 E40
G1 F1200 Z2
G92 E0
G28
Thanks.

Admin

Re: Help: Single Color models coming out a mix

Post by Admin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am

Hi, Can you provide specific operation videos?
So that we can better solve the problem

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:17 am

That setup Startup g-code provided by geeetech for the a20t printer..
Where you copy and paste over the stock fff printer code is for mixing color prints. In order to get Just Single color or Multi color NOT MIXING Prints add another printer in Cura using the same procedure But not doing the G-Code copy and paste.. If you want a single color be sure to turn off the other two extrudes you are not wanting to print from . There is a small check box inside there setup.Highlight your model right click and choose the extruder associated with the color you wish to print.

Also

You will have to set all temps in cura to the temp you wish to print at. TO PRINT MULTI COLOR (NOT MIXED YOU WILL ) NEED TO Click on extensions post processing and add the find and replace . Find box should be M104 Replace box ; ..

This will tell the printer to not shut the heater off close to the end of the print (A BUG WITH MULTI COLOR (NOT MIXING) .

Do not add the find and replace script if your not going to be there to watch your printer . The printer will NOT Turn the heating of the hot end on its own.. Just reset the printer or turn it off and back on .
There is more about this in my post in this forum..

Erica Renee.. New to GEEETECH A20T But not 3d printing..

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:33 am

Thank you Erica!

So to make sure I understand:

* I should have 2 printers set up 1) for mixing and 2) for single or multicolor prints.
* for the "Mixing" version of the printer, I use the gCode provided
* For the "single" or "multi color" version I use the standard gcode that comes with Cura.
* Also for "Single/Multi" version I need to add a code not to turn off the heat

Do I understand correctly?

Thank you so much for your help.

Leigh.

ericarenee

Post by ericarenee » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 am

Yes this is correct.

i am having issues with Printing 3 color prints.. There is a work around i posted . Geeetech sent me a hex file that is supposed to solve the issue but i have yet to get it to flash onto my printer..

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:59 am

vert wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:59 pm
i have the A20T and running my marlin 2 build 460 on it the link is in my signature to my main post & GitHub & YouTube.
i personally prefer cyclops rather then mixing control system on my 2 in 1 and 3 in 1 hotends it has far less issues then mix.
Can you explain some for those of us still learning whats cyclops?

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am

Aside: I looked for your firmware... Do you happen to have a precompiled version of marlin 2.0 that supports BLTouch and OctoPi? my 1.1.8 BLTouch firmware killed my octopi connection to the A20T

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:05 am

vert wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:17 am
i don't offer any pre compiled copy's GPL compliance is easier that way.
i can tell you that octoprint works fine on my a20t
Edit... found the docs. thanks working it now will report back. --

Edit 2: followed the generic (ender) instructions on your youtube channel. Setup for A20. Used 2.0bugfix firmware and master branch of configurations which is how i got it to compile. Is this the right branch of your Marlin to use?

Setup for BLTouch per your instructions had to turn off manual leveling in the code, easy enough to do.

P.S. Octoprint works now too! I haven't tried color mixing.

Nice work, man!

Leigh.

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:12 am

@Vert:

could you share your config file for the A20T I'm having some trouble with leveling still it's not quite right...

Thanks mate!

L

lmcmulle

Post by lmcmulle » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:26 pm

So that's your A20T config on the Marlin/configs github?

Cause it works like 98% really the whole thing is so nice that Geeetech should just make it official and pay you IMHO.

my issue is that now for some reason the build plate boundaries are not setup properly when it starts to bed level it starts way off to the left side (sensor is not even on the plate (despite the sensors location being set at 37.6 offset) etc.

is there some initialization or something i need to do with the new firmware and printer? what am I missing mate?

L