DIY KIT Model confirmation

redstargarage

DIY KIT Model confirmation

Post by redstargarage » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi guys, can anyone please explain how to confirm which actual model a printer is prior to firmware upgrading? We have a 8mm acrylic DIY KIT but we are unsure to the actual model version and have know idea how to check?

William
Site Admin

Re: DIY KIT Model confirmation

Post by William » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi, Can you provide a specific picture?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

redstargarage

Post by redstargarage » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:10 am

Thanks for the help William, hope these photos are what you require?? any help is appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG (687.77 KiB) Viewed 8377 times
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG (350.8 KiB) Viewed 8377 times

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 am

redstargarage

Post by redstargarage » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Thanks for your reply William. However i found that page days ago and could not confirm which printer we have so I posted in this forum looking for a more informed response. I take it from your response in pointing me to the firmware page without any more info available, is that you can not tell from the photos which model it is and therefore which firmware we should install. Can you let us know what happens if we instal the incorrect firmware?
Thanks for your time william

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi,Your model is PRO B, you can refer to the picture:
DZ%TD19E3%WJA](I)@G~Q1U.png
DZ%TD19E3%WJA](I)@G~Q1U.png (32.2 KiB) Viewed 8355 times
to download according to your motherboard type.

Then install the firmware method you can refer to this:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17181
I hope this can help you.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Browse the printer menu.
You should find an option that informs you about the current firmware version and printer model.
;)

If you upload the wrong firmware version, theoretically nothing should break down.
The difference lies in the different functionality that results from the different number of extruders and add-ons.
When choosing the firmware always follow the version of the controller's board. Different versions have been created. They may have differently defined peripheral connections. I mean control outputs and measurement inputs.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Natasha7

Post by Natasha7 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:43 pm

William wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:35 pm
Hi,Your model is PRO B, you can refer to the picture:DZ%TD19E3%WJA](I)@G~Q1U.png
to download according to your motherboard type.

Then install the firmware method you can refer to this:http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=myfirstpremiercard
I hope this can help you.
However i found that page days ago and could not confirm which printer we have so I posted in this forum looking for a more informed response. I take it from your response in pointing me to the firmware page without any more info available, is that you can not tell from the photos which model it is and therefore which firmware we should install.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi Natasha,

I'm guessing you acquired this Kit ready built and wish to upload software for the first time ?
- I can't think of a firmware 'Upgrade' you'd do if it were printing was working and you've not added anything.

So William says the Pro B firmware is fine for your machine - It looks nothing like my Pro B to look at, but that doesn't mean much.
I have a screen above the top beam and a controlling turning switch, not an array of buttons...

The firmware I personally loaded for my Pro B was found here in the first post...

https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 66&t=62412

Now, I have T8 Leadscrews for the X axis, so do you - I can see from the photo, (Great - they're superior to ordinary M8 x 1.25 rods)
This means check for this feature in your configuration.h file

You have a component cooling fan, you'll see little info on this in marlin - you control this via your slicing software and should be able to control it via 'Repetier host' should you connect your printer with this software... This cooling fan was NEVER part of the 'Kit' - it's been added by whoever built the printer, it should be connected to the PWM connector. With the firmware I've indicated, when I added a cooling fan later, it just worked first time with no additional firmware updating.

I cannot however see a bed levelling probe on the photos...

Do you use the micro switch on the left of the bed as you look from the front to set the Z axis minimum (That's the up/Down) direction ?
I used a BL Touch (Probe) in my first build. (Hence my choice of firmware ready for T8 screws and Probe)
William should be able to direct you as to whether or not the version I've sent the link to will work with the micro switch.

My ' Pro B ' looks like this photo...

Gerry
Attachments
003_MyPrinterVersion.JPG
003_MyPrinterVersion.JPG (341.15 KiB) Viewed 7992 times