A10M New User . . . lost

Newbie A10M

A10M New User . . . lost

Post by Newbie A10M » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:24 pm

I have an A10M that was working fairly well. It seems every time I go to use it I have to work through some issues. So I decided after some reading to update it with the following: BL Touch sensor for auto bed leveling, a glass build plate, Capricorn Bowden tube and a dual gear extruder. I have tried updating the firmware to Marlin 2.0 which didn't work well. Then I tried going back to Marlin 1.1.18 and I cannot get this to work either. I tried using built HEX files and compiling the code myself but still no joy. I am sure this is a simple issue for someone experienced - I am lost at this point.
I am currently running Marlin 1.1.18 with a GT2560 v3.0 controller. When I try to print benchy the hot end homes and then prints a line towards the front of the build plate(as usual). This line is not straight though. It has small loops or is sqwiggly, so I know something is not right. The adhesion is also not right so I know there is a Z offset error too. I have adjusted the E steps per mm to 155 and actually measured the filament so I think this is correct.
What am I missing?