GeeeTech A10M printing issue

gunnara

GeeeTech A10M printing issue

Post by gunnara » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:07 am

Hi,
I have never done this forum thing before but here I go.

I have an A10M that has been sitting for maybe over a year now. I expected there was going to be issues "waking it up" so I was ready for that.

I replaced the tip right off. The filament I am using is new out of the sealed bag. Bed is leveled and good clearance but the nozzle and the bed. I have the 3D-touch and have auto leveled the bed.

The problem is there is nothing at all coming out of the nozzle. I thought alright, let me replace the nozzle again. I removed the nozzle and decided to heat up the Extruder Head with the nozzle off to see if it would come out with it removed and it did not. I let it cool down a bit and pulled the Teflon Tubes off the head and used the thumb gear up at the Extruder to make sure it moved freely in the Tube, it did. I then look down the Tube holes on the Head and did not see any thing I could do from that end so I pulled the Extruder Head from the X asis so I could see in the hole the nozzle goes to see if I could see anything and did not see anything I could do from there either. audacity free

That is where I am at now. What do I can I do from here, replace something, look at something?

HankY

Re: GeeeTech A10M printing issue

Post by HankY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 am

Hi,
I am not an expert of any sort here. but, I can imagine one or two things that might give trouble that you didn't mention doing:
1.- checking if the extruder motor is moving the filament.
2.- checking if the filament that you fed has the right diameter (maybe it is too thin to be fed by the extruder).
3.- While you are printing, you should be able to see the extruder wheel rotating to move the filament along. Does it do that?
4.- Have you tried, while it is at printing temperature, pushing manually the filament?
5.- Have you checked the temperature settings? It may not be heating enough for the filament that you are using.
6.- Connected to #5: have you tried other filament?

Since you posted 5 days ago, you might have already solved the problem. Let us know how it goes.