problems printing detail and overhangs??

SheldonCooper1

problems printing detail and overhangs??

Post by SheldonCooper1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:55 pm

I got my A10 PRO from amazon and ever since it arrived I have had nothing but problems.
the bed would not level I had to get a glass bed for it. after getting a glass bed I was able to level and get good first layers.

I have calibrated the extruder and seams to be accurate. (checked with digital calipers )
no matter my settings Speed Test essay writer I am not able to print any overhangs without it turning into spaghetti.
when printing any top layer detail there is a lot of stringing and the extruder carves into the print
I am using cura 4.3
all my prints are in PLA I have tried 6 different PLA's with all the same results
I have tried increasing and decreasing heats and print speeds with the same results

bruse2020

Re: problems printing detail and overhangs??

Post by bruse2020 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:50 am

Was having similar problem so i reduced the cooling fan speed and increased the temp to 215 and it worked for me. fan seed was reduced to 60%

robinjamess

Re: problems printing detail and overhangs??

Post by robinjamess » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:31 am

SheldonCooper1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:55 pm
I got my A10 PRO from amazon and ever since it arrived I have had nothing but problems.
the bed would not level I had to get a glass bed for it. after getting a glass bed I was able to level and get good first layers.

I have calibrated the extruder and seams to be accurate. (checked with digital calipers )
no matter my settings I am not able to print any overhangs without it turning into spaghetti.
when printing any top layer detail there is a lot of stringing and the extruder carves into the print
I am using cura 4.3
all my prints are in PLA I have tried 6 different PLA's with all the same results
I have tried increasing and decreasing heats and print speeds with the same results

TcsWebmail DadeSchools Upsers

Hi!

So I’m trying to move over to SainSmart TPU from Eryone and am tuning my settings, but no matter what I try I keep getting these issues on my overhangs.

All units of measurement are metric in the following settings.

Here are my settings:

Temp: tried from 195-206

Layer height: 0.12

Print speed: tried 35mm/s and 40mm/s

Retraction distance: tried from 7mm to 18

Retraction speed: tried from about 17mm/s to 30mm/s

Jerk setting: tried 4 and 8

Acceleration: tried 250mm/s2 and 500mm/s2

Bed temp: 60

Number of walls: 3

Infill percentage: tried 20-25, both Gyroid and cross

Fan speed: 100% on affected region

The overhangs at the top of the cabin are fine

Printer on a Bowden setup with upgraded metal extruder and SainSmart black filament

Sliced in Cura 4.7.1

Any help is appreciated - thanks!