Geeetech A10 first time problems

tinekastil2

Geeetech A10 first time problems

Post by tinekastil2 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:28 pm

I'm new to 3D printing. I got a Geeetech A10 and set it up, hopefully correctly. Each time I print the test print (supposedly a dog), the print head scrapes off the first layer as it moves around. I've done the paper test, and I thought it was correct but maybe not. Any ideas how to fix this?

William
Site Admin

Re: Geeetech A10 first time problems

Post by William » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 am

Hi, can you provide videos or pictures? Here you can upload compressed files.
According to your description, the nozzle should be too close to the bed, you can adjust it properly
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

mr_fosi

Re: Geeetech A10 first time problems

Post by mr_fosi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:49 am

Are you able to use the LCD to move the Z-axis? The option is either in Prepare or Control.

If you are able to cause the Z-axis to move using the interface, then the problem is probably with your leveling method.

My A10 bed was uneven out of the box, so that may also be an issue.

To get my prints to work reliably, because of my warped bed, I always used a brim on my models and kept a close eye on the print as it began. If the nozzle was too close to the bed or too far away, I adjusted the leveling knobs on the fly to make sure the first layer was properly adhered.

It's a pain but you only have to ensure the first layer is good, then you can let it rip.

Finally, since your test print is the dog, I would scale it down by 40-50% and use an infill of not more than 15-20%. I say this because you will certainly run out of the test filament they sent if you print it at full size, even with a reduced infill.

EDIT: Or even better. Here's one of my favorite calibration cubes: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2187632