Difficulty Loading Filament

osarusan

Difficulty Loading Filament

Post by osarusan » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm a new user of a A10m and I am having a great deal of difficulty loading filament. I push the lever and try to feed the filament through, but it will not budge. No matter how hard I push, I cannot get the filament to pass the lever. Is there something I am missing?

Sodium100mg

Re: Difficulty Loading Filament

Post by Sodium100mg » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:25 pm

It's a bit like threading a needle blindfolded. Start by taking a pair of toenail clippers or side cutters and cut the filament diagonally, bottom (inside the curl) to top (outside of the curl). Then straighten the filament to remove the curl. Push the filament through the filament out sensor, though the white tube, release pressure and push past the gear and if everything lines up, the filament will slide right through the white tube to the extruder. If the filament jams just past the gear, pull it back and push again. If it keeps getting jammed, try straightening the filament again. Just past the gear, there is another hole the filament needs to thread into. When you miss the hole, all you can do is back up and try again.

JeremyK

Post by JeremyK » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:30 am

The way I often do it is to unscrew the white tube from the feeder unit. This can be done with your fingers. It is then easy to get the filament through. Then slip the tube back over the filament and screw up the nut. Very simple and you can't go wrong.

plumguy

Post by plumguy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:27 am

I also use JeremyK 's method. If the filament is not straight, it will hang up
when it reaches the tube. Remove the tube, slide filament, replace tube
works just fine. :)

osarusan

Post by osarusan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm

JeremyK wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:30 am
The way I often do it is to unscrew the white tube from the feeder unit. This can be done with your fingers. It is then easy to get the filament through. Then slip the tube back over the filament and screw up the nut. Very simple and you can't go wrong.
Thanks! That was much easier.

Lobrico

Post by Lobrico » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Same problem here. I try to remove the curl and cut the end but no way, that almost never works.

My method so far is to remove the fan which allows me to grab the end of filament and push it over the 2nd hole.

Image https://ibb.co/gWfgNYP

But that's really annoying to do that each time i turn on the printer. Can't we put something around this 2nd hole to guide the filament ?

Sodium100mg

Post by Sodium100mg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:11 am

You need to be releasing the pressure on the spring roller, so it can push straight.

I insert the filament with a quick stabbing motion and repeat it multiple times until it slides in. The stabbing motion helps make the filament jump into the hole.