A10M 2 filament not mixing well

Engr309

Re: A10M 2 filament not mixing well

Post by Engr309 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:27 am

APLEES wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 pm
Iv been mixing colours on this printer for well over a year without any issues. This has been done via the display, cura and octoprint. The A10m is fully capable of mixing.
Okay, sounds like you have it figured out and could enlighten the rest of us with your filament settings. I'll illustrate the issue.

As shown in the following two images of the same simple cylinder that was intended to gradient by 10% from green to black. Each step change in mix ratio was to occur every 10 layers. I stopped the print once I saw it had mixing problems. As shown, when two filaments are simultaneous feed into the nozzle they come out not homogenized but merely adhered to one another (as in the lower diagram). This results in seeing the green at certain locations of the part and black at other locations (red circles). Clearly this is a result of how the nozzle is positioned and traveling. If they were truly mixing to some level of homogeneity than this directionality wouldn't occur.
Attachments
not mixing.PNG
not mixing.PNG (253.73 KiB) Viewed 5784 times

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:23 am

Put a tiny spring into hotend tip (yes, inside!) to mix filament more better.

Pitfalls:
- lower volumetric speed
- another retract or totally bad, depend on your spring.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Engr309

Post by Engr309 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 am

Interesting approach. Thanks for sharing that. I'll give it a try and report back how it goes.

I hoped with the amount of users out there, dual-filament mixing would be more thoroughly documented and complete.

hugolatra

Post by hugolatra » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am

Engr309 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:49 am
Interesting approach. Thanks for sharing that. I'll give it a try and report back how it goes.

I hoped with the amount of users out there, dual-filament mixing would be more thoroughly documented and complete.
Same trouble here, mix filament is not blend at all, just half side of the string is white and the other half black. This cube should be gray (50% black - 50% white) but I get this left white side and almost black right side.

BadShep

Post by BadShep » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:45 pm

You can get color mixing to work properly with this printer and the a10t but you need the right filament. Any opaque filament will not work, so most PLA is out of the question for proper mixing with these printers. If you get translucent filament in the colors you want it will have the desired effect. I have used https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0746FL41L/re ... UTF8&psc=1 for this. Mechanically, the filament still gives the toothpaste effect but, because it is transparent it lets you see the second color through it and gives the appearance of proper mixing. For this print I used the yellow and red filaments in a 50/50 mix for the orange, and then pure yellow for the top,and for the brim and the first few layers i used 33%blue, 33%yellow, 33% red. There are flecks of yellow at the top of some of the floors due to not measuring the wall height properly, but there is no toothpaste effect visible on print, look at the stairs to see, its a consistent orange
color mix.jpg
color mix.jpg (349.3 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
With transparent filament you can use the provided geeetech color mixing software to get the color you want, or you can set up virtual extruders with the mix you want in cura and get harder color switches like I did here.