SKR V1.3 on the A10 - Any pointers?

totto165

Re: SKR V1.3 on the A10 - Any pointers?

Post by totto165 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:40 am

Tengo una pregunta, también quiero poner la skr 1.3 a la a10m pero no sé nada de electrónica, necesito algo más para cambiar la placa? Algunos cables extras? Y si no es mucha molestia saber dónde va conectados cada uno.. la skr ya está ajustada con el firmware pero si necesitaría ayuda con el cableado. Si me pudieran enviar un vídeo del cableado se los agradecería.. totto165@gmail.com

Sun_Dancer

Post by Sun_Dancer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:46 pm

I'd say I got it. The conversion has been completed, firmware compiled and it is printing.
So far so good. But I think everything is still at the beginning of the test phase with me.

Sun_Dancer

Post by Sun_Dancer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:03 am

vert wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:46 pm
see alot of people trying to install skr boards many of them without the skills required to do so that seem to hit road blocks every 10 seconds.
it sound be noted a upgrade like this is very involved required rewiring as well as firmware programming and a bunch of trial n error to get it going.
It's not quite as bad as it sounds. A bit of rewiring has to be done, but that is a minimal effort, technical understanding is of course required.
Programming the firmware is also not tragic if you know how to do it.
I am a total novice in the field of 3D printers, the conversion of the circuit board was easy, the basic firmware setup was also not a problem, the finishing touches are a bit more complicated.

RoyalStarfox

Post by RoyalStarfox » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:13 am

Oddly enough, the wiring for my bed didn't have the issues you described, my blue/green pair is the thermistor. Maybe they were soldered on in the wrong pattern? Should be easy enough to resolder as well for those OCD. I could share a picture of my bed's underside if desired.

millenium7

Post by millenium7 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:31 am

I opted to replace a broken GT2560 with another one because the A10 printers don't use a mosfet for the heated bed. The question is does this bed need a mosfet if driven by a SKR 1.3?
Because i'm also having issues with my replacement GT2560 board and I really couldn't be bothered waiting around for yet another replacement. I'd rather just put a SKR 1.3 in

millenium7

Post by millenium7 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 am

And so far i've had a 100% fail rate on the Geeetech boards :roll: they are well known to blow fuses, drop thermister circuits etc

I'm on the SKR groups, failure rate is nowhere even close to 40%. The boards are well regarded and are certainly the best 32 bit board to get right now for the price
I'll happily throw this garbage geeetech board right out the window. I have no problems rewiring and setting up the firmware, just need to know if the SKR can handle the heated bed on a A10M or if I need to add a mosfet

Sun_Dancer

Post by Sun_Dancer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:24 pm

The problem is that apparently every manufacturer creates their own pin layout, so you can not simply change the connections. The result is that it works properly. In addition, the documentation is inadequate, partially incorrect or is missing entirely. I rewired 2 SKR boards (V1.3 and V1.4) without any problems. The firmware for the Bigtreetech V1.4 is now running quite well. And as I have already written, 3D printing is new territory for me and still I am on a straight path. So why the hell do other people smoke the boards?

daveystewart28

Post by daveystewart28 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi,

I bought the SKR1.3 with TMC2208 UART steppers for my Geeetech A10M a while ago after my E0 extruder started priming when it should be retracting which had forced me to just stick to using E1 for the last while. I've been using Marlin2 successfully apart from this problem so far but I'm not the sharpest tool in the box so I made a hastey retreat before I started chopping the wiring to hook the board up.

I've just come across this thread and quietly shouted halelujah to myself whilst reading that others have been down this road before me and pointers may be available. Do you have any more advice or pictures you could share on wiring the board up correctly.

I don't want to blow anything up and have been considering buying another Geeetech board as an easy replacement but I'm an adventurous soul and would really like to get the SKR working if I can. I've uploaded the Marlin 2 firmware to it using Atom, got the touch screen working and looked at the stepper voltages etc. I'm okay with soldering and have a loose grasp of Marlin but I'm just not brave enough to start chopping things up yet.

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated. 8-)

Matsubaa

Post by Matsubaa » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:04 am

As has turned into a pattern for me every time I fix something, something totally unrelated breaks.

My cheap BMG clone just never was quite right, I went to replace it...
Removing it eventually required drilling out a stripped set screw on my extruder motor.
A $6 metal extruder from Amazon worked okay up until those set screws worked entirely loose.
I fixed that and the Z-rod mount at the top of the printer came completely loose out of nowhere.
I fixed that and the bowden tube worked loose during a print and completely blocked my hot-end with now cooled and expanded PLA blocking the whole throat.

The bed no longer heats safely, it appears to be a broken connection somewhere I can't spot with the naked eye but otherwise the electronics are working fine. Sensorless homing, 3DTouch, etc. on the SKR 1.3 w/ TMC2209s. For the LCD I went with the TFT24 V1.1, also working fine now.

I'm trying to figure out now how to attach another hotend given that I don't have a functioning hotend with which to print a standard V6 mount or anything similar. I can't find any after-market upgrades/replacements for a reasonable price that include all the mounting hardware. It's all assumed you're doing a drop-in replacement and all you need is the part itself, not to mention that everybody wants their own semi-proprietary screw hole placement on the X carriage.

axiom

Post by axiom » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 pm

I have an original A10. I am looking to replace the board with an SKR. Looking for some advice to what connectors the SKR uses. I believe its the JST XHP. Is this the case?

Thanks