Combining an A10M with an Ender 3

S.Bartfast

Combining an A10M with an Ender 3

Post by S.Bartfast » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:32 pm

I bought an A10M recently and have been completely unable to get it to print properly mainly due to layer shift issues.

After several messages back and forth with the eBay seller they have offered to refund me a little less than half of what I paid in exchange for keeping the printer. I'm not sure that I even want an non-working printer but I do have an Ender 3 that I have used extensively for about a year and am wondering if it might be worth accepting the partial refund in order to strip it for parts and upgrade my Ender 3. As it is, after the partial refund this non-working A10M will end up costing me about 150 USD.

I guess the parts I would be looking at transplanting would be the 2-into-1 hotend, extruders, run-out sensors and (possibly) the main board. I'm not exactly sure why this A10M printer keeps having layer shifts but it could be the board or stepper drivers that are the problem so the board itself may not be worth transplanting. I don't know if that's really worth $150, but what do you think?

Note my A10M did not come with a glass carbide print surface.

William
Site Admin

Re: Combining an A10M with an Ender 3

Post by William » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 am

Hi, if your A10M has a layer shift problem,
You can check it out:
The tightness of your shafts and the appropriate adjustment;
Whether your bearing and pulley are issued (the card can be lubricated for lubrication);
Whether the printing speed is too fast (reference range 30-60mm/s);
Check the driver board voltage (0.8-1.2V).
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!