First Layer Issues, but NOT what you think.....

crusader27529

First Layer Issues, but NOT what you think.....

Post by crusader27529 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:41 am

I just got a new A10M, and except for the issues of absolutely NO DOCUMENTATION on how to actually use the mixing features, it came with a flat sheet of some material to cover the heated bed, instead of the glass Super Plate on the A10 that I had previously.

Well, I guess that you can have too much of a good thing because the prints are amazingly difficult to remove from this material, even after letting the bed cool down to room temperature. Whatever it's made of, there's too much of it! I have added absolutely nothing to the surface to increase adhesion. I removed the layer(with much difficulty, as it has an adhesive on the back to hold it to the heated bed), and the print was still difficult to remove. Cleaning the skirt and other residue is almost impossible.

I'm printing with generic PLA, 210/60 first layer, 200/50 for the rest, so it's nothing simple. I tried lower temps, with no changes, but I haven't tried no bed heat yet. That's the next try.

Never thought I'd ever complain about too much adhesion on the first layer.

William
Site Admin

Re: First Layer Issues, but NOT what you think.....

Post by William » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:28 am

Hi, You can try to heat the hot bed to 60° and then use a shovel to remove the print model.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

crusader27529

Post by crusader27529 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33 am

I've been printing for a while, so I know how to remove a print, but I couldn't remove the item even with the supplied flat scraper. I could lift the entire printer by the print, and it still wouldn't release.

Do you have any experience with the type on build sheet that GeeeTech supplies now? I wish they still used the glass plate.

crusader27529

Post by crusader27529 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am

I ordered a 220x220 borosilicate glass through Amazon(not from GeeeTech), and I'm sure it will resolve the issue.

Other A10s must have shipped with the revised/not glass print surface, and I'd expect more having the same issue. I didn't do anything unusual to cause the problem, so I'm wondering if GeeeTech actually tested the new print surface.

crusader27529

Post by crusader27529 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:53 am

I ordered this from EBAY for less than $17, shipped.....it took a few days, quick shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235mm-X-235mm- ... 2749.l2649

The plate exactly fits the pront bed on mt A10M, the first layer is not any problem, but I only work with PLA.