Moderator: vert

winrar telecharger

Re: Silence the LOUD printer!

Post by winrar telecharger » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:58 pm

thank you for information winrar windows 10

astax

Re: Silence the LOUD printer!

Post by astax » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:42 am

I was too annoyed with the noise my A10M printer is making, so tried several things to make it more quiet.

Started with the system fan - ordered a bigger one on Amazon, printed a custom lid for the system box with the hole suitable for the bugger fan. Then added a metal grill to protect the fan.
system fan.jpg
system fan.jpg (199.24 KiB) Viewed 350 times
This helped a bit, but not much and I lived with this for a few months.

Recently I've decided to try replacing the drivers. Ordered TMC2209 from AliExpress, installed them and couldn't recognize the printer! It was so much quieter.

The last remaining problem was the hotend fan. Two of them, actually. They are tiny, fast and very loud. I also find the construction of two fans blowing against each other pretty weird. So I've removed the left fan completely, then removed the right one too and cut the right size of the hotend metal cage to make a big hole in it. Then designed and printed an adapter from the original system fan to the hotend.
Now the fan is blowing from only one side, which seems to be enough as the air goes through both radiators. And I think higher volume from the bigger fan also helps.
fan adapter.png
fan adapter.png (179.65 KiB) Viewed 350 times
hotend fan 1.jpg
hotend fan 1.jpg (155.22 KiB) Viewed 350 times
hotend fan 2.jpg
hotend fan 2.jpg (125.06 KiB) Viewed 350 times
This was the last required change. Now the printer is almost silent!