a10 y axis shifting

wrtony

a10 y axis shifting

Post by wrtony » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 am

hello everyone. i just received my first 3d printer about 2 weeks ago. i got the a10m. the problem im having is i get a y axis shift about 20 layers up and then the y axis shifts back to were its supposed to be around 40 layers. this just started happening about 2 days ago and i cant figure out why its happening. please any help would be appreciated

buttervonwaffle

Re: a10 y axis shifting

Post by buttervonwaffle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:40 am

So I had the same issue, now whether or not it fixes it for you or if you even want to I swapped over to verts 2.0 beta build of marlin and it solved all my issues with this, but install it at your own risk because it is indeed a beta build. He believes and I do as well that its because of the Jerk function that causes this y shift alot, his new version doesn't use that method in marlin. So it solved my issues with layer shifting, and my printer now happily prints up and down without an issue.

Some other things physically to look for ensure your belts are all tight, and that your frame is tight and squared up. as well as observing for any catch points on your rails so move everything x,y and z and look for any catch points where the carriage or frame appear to get caught up. it could honestly be something as simple as filament caught in your stepper motor gear, because I have had that happen on a printer before.
Last edited by buttervonwaffle on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If something I said just helped you out tremendously you can drop a little ramen money, the coding monkeys in my basement will appreciate it - Feed them here

You can private message me if you have any questions I might be able to help.

wrtony

Post by wrtony » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:34 am

i will give the fw a try and report back thank you

buttervonwaffle

Post by buttervonwaffle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 am

Not a prob, look forward to hear if it corrects your issues.
If something I said just helped you out tremendously you can drop a little ramen money, the coding monkeys in my basement will appreciate it - Feed them here

wrtony

Post by wrtony » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:31 am

well so far so good. just want to say thanks one more time

buttervonwaffle

Post by buttervonwaffle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:35 am

Not a prob! Glad its helping so far!