New A10, prints off centre

ziqquratu

New A10, prints off centre

Post by ziqquratu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:44 am

Hi all,

I've just got a new A10 (my first personal printer), and have set it up and got most things looking good.

However, it seems that the bed is off centre. When I use the "level corners" option in the menu, the nozzle finds the corners at about 5mm from the left edge; 10mm from the front edge, 30mm from the right edge, and 25mm from the back edge. I'm not able to jog the bed (using the LCD menu or pronterface) past what appears to be a soft limits of 0-220mm, which leaves the nozzle 2mm over the front (not even above the bed) and 15mm from back on Y; 8mm to the left of the bed (again, hovering over air rather than the bed) and 20mm in from the right on X. When I tell pronterface to centre the bed (with bed dimensions of 220x220mm), the nozzle ends up about 12mm to the left of centre on the X axis, 8mm front of centre on the Y axis. The test print (printed directly from the LCD menu) also appears to be about this far off-centre.

I've tried to adjust the offsets using M206 X12 Y8, but it makes no difference. M503 returns no information in pronterface.

In the LCD menu, "store settings" and "load settings" options are available under the "control" menu, which I've read indicates that the EEPROM is available; there's also an option to "initialize EEPROM", though I've not been able to find out what it does.

Can someone please help me adjust the offsets so that I can effectively use the entire bed space of my printer?

Thanks!

buttervonwaffle

Re: New A10, prints off centre

Post by buttervonwaffle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:46 am

Change your printer profile to x - 240mm y - 240mm z - 260mm
That should fix the printer offset and give you the full printable area.
If something I said just helped you out tremendously you can drop a little ramen money, the coding monkeys in my basement will appreciate it - Feed them here

You can private message me if you have any questions I might be able to help.