Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch) by aarli

3dralf

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch)

Post by 3dralf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:49 pm

*.hex with cura (or other proggies)
*.ino with Arduino
undér windows

BigJ

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch)

Post by BigJ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:35 am

I am attempting to compile the Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for a Geeetech A10M. However, the github download is missing the "Configuration_adv.h" file. I have tried to use the "Configuration_adv.h" file from the generic Marlin 1.1.x github download and it fails due to a mis-matched version. How can I obtain the correct version of the missing file ?

I am not the only person having this issue.

BTW there is no excuse for posting code on github that does not compile !!!

DocRob

Post by DocRob » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 pm

Any news on the missing Configuration_adv.h file?

I found a pre made 1.1.9 firmware and loaded that and it "mostly works" but it has the wrong center set for the bed for me.. other then that its nice.. I would LOVE to actually try this firmware but with it missing part of the file its pretty hard to load it with part of it missing.

Jorgie

Post by Jorgie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm also interested in knowing when we might see the return of the missing file.
Very frustrating to a new user.

HaRo75

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch) by aarli

Post by HaRo75 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 am

This firmware works great. Without the 3DTouch Sensor, this version was the difference between "yay, it prints nice!" and "gaah, it all sticks to the nozzle again..." just because of the manual fine tuning ability that was not there with the old firmware. Printing the demo files from SD was simply not successful with 1.1.8. However, i just installed my 3dtouch sensor today.

I have actually run into three (really minor) issues with the latest hex file:

1. bed position. It is positioned very frameless to the left side (my super plate came with metal brackets (paper holders), when i remove these then two of the bed corners happen to come loose after a while so they need to stay mounted in the corners). The brackets are 1.2 cm broad, so some prints happen to place a primer right where the left brackets are, and the nozzle can crash into them when that happens. It's nothing really bad since i can usually change positions of printed stuff to the right.

2. Leveling the corners. With the old firmware, the four leveling positions were closer to the actual position of the leveling screws (which are each placed at 3cm from the two closest edges). Which meant: after leveling all four corners the first corner usually still was kinda fine. With this firmware, you change one screw and this changes all other corner heights a bit, like two sides of a seesaw. When the leveling positions are right above the screws, leveling the corners might go a bit quicker.

3. My A10M came with two feeders that had a problem of under-extruding (not always, but often enough to ruin every print at the second or third layer latest). It may have been an issue with the spring or with the lever being a plastic part, anyhow changing the screw pressure just ended up working for half an hour and then causing trouble again. So i have installed two Geeetech MK8 Aluminium Feeders. That solved the problem completely, but these feeders do not have the same turn ratio, and changing the Extruder Steps/mm from the 340er Setting down to 95 (which is the value that moves exactly 10cm of Filament when moving the extruder motor for 10 Steps of 10mm) takes quite a while of turning the little Wheel. :)

All in all, this Firmware really makes a lot of stuff a lot easier. Thanks!

Ricky1966

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch) by aarli

Post by Ricky1966 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm

@vert

Hi, great jobs (1.1.9 and 2.0) but I've just a little question. I've read somewhere ther is a problem with the extruder fav speed, did you solved?

apachesp

Post by apachesp » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:11 am

Impossible to upgrade via hex file, would it be possible to post the sourcecode so i can upload with arduino?.

Gaetano77

Post by Gaetano77 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Ciao ho da poco fatto aggiornamento alla versione Marilyn 1.1.9 su una A10M, ho riscontrato un problema che non mi fa più lo zero in ASSE Z. Cosa faccio

Tenthrow

Post by Tenthrow » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:35 am

vert wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:25 am
The user that posted this last year has not answer any posts to this thread for months. I would consider this project abandoned.
Agreed, and it's a damned shame.

heliport23

Post by heliport23 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi,

is it possible to use this 1.1.9 with A10 normal not A10M ??? If so, can I update the Firmware with the Geeetech update tool?

BR Harald