Bad Base Plate Guide

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Bad Base Plate Guide

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 am

bernte_one
I think unnecessary emotions speak through you.
bernte_one wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:37 pm
and how did you Level your bed? :lol:

I can do this in two ways, and not one of them looks like yours. I'll tell you that my printer has a functional menu and Gcode command interpreter.

I've been watching what you're doing for a long time. 8-)

I have a proposal - rest, distance yourself.
And then the description creatively on what problems you have and how to solve them.
Possibly, what are your objections in this respect to the manufacturer. Do it in a cultural way.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:59 am

I would go through ebay seller to get new defective parts at no cost, and also try geeetech technical support. With those pictures, it looks obvious the holes in the acrylic are off. If you have no luck getting replacements, open holes up a little with dremel tool and use washers to spread load and keep wheel bolts in place when you adjust them to be smooth. If the extrusion is dented, you may be able to get new piece for cheap.

First, try to get the defective parts replaced. If you can't, maybe not too hard to fix.

Good luck.

AFewSkroosLoose

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:09 am

Also my x home is 5mm off. I think this is correct and by design so that there is less chance of tip crashing into bed when you home. Can eyeball it and be sure it is above bed before you bring it over with steppers off to for leveling procedure. I don't think this is bad and working fine for me.

I did have to adjust my z limit switch a bit to be sure my bed springs were nearly compressed all the way for tightest platform when leveling. You will want z home just so tip is above bed. This way, when you loosen screws for leveling it is only a tiny bit and they are still compressed strong and keep bed steady.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 pm

AFewSkroosLoose wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:09 am
Also my x home is 5mm off. I think this is correct and by design so that there is less chance of tip crashing into bed when you home. Can eyeball it and be sure it is above bed before you bring it over with steppers off to for leveling procedure. I don't think this is bad and working fine for me.

Accurately. :D

Slicer programs even have special support for this place.
I will say more.
With this free space you can successfully check the flow of the melted filament. And there is no need to lift the head. ;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.