Geeetech A10m with BLTouch Auto Home issue

yoyok30

Geeetech A10m with BLTouch Auto Home issue

Post by yoyok30 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi Team,
I've just install the Geeetech BLTouch option on my brand new A10m.
1rst I've flashed printer with version 1.1.8 with BLtouch following lot of discussion available in this forum successfully.
I'm using A10M_marlin1.1.8.zip available in Download section of this forum and Arduino 1.8.5.
Also with configuration.h in "3d Touch" dir.
This parts work fine.
I've followed YouTube install description available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtsZDbR2po
And seems Ok as Bed-Leveling appear working and finish normally.
But now, when i ask Auto Home (or G28 Gcode), head is going in center of bed (do BLTouch mesure) and stay here.
Like you can see in the video when Mathiew select Auto-home function from the panel.
Then, when i run a print, printer seems consider X0/Y0 at the center of bed and my print go outside of bed !
Could you help ?

Fugly

Re: Geeetech A10m with BLTouch Auto Home issue

Post by Fugly » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:14 pm

1st get marlin 2.0 worked wonders for me.

try home all axis 1 by 1. i had a problem that 2 end stops where wrongly connected. also i know that you can set the distance for you bl touch and hotend. personally i never had to do this but. its a option you need to google it how to do this,

ps. when you get marlin 2.0 set "fine INVERT_E0_DIR true" TO FALSE for the a10m or els your extruder will run the wrong way

yoyok30

Post by yoyok30 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:01 am

Hi Fugly, tks for your answer.
The printer work fine before i apply fw and install 3D BLtouch, then i assume that ends stop work fine.
Agree that there is something wrong in Marlin 1.1.8. modified with 3D BLTouch, but where ??

HaRo75

Post by HaRo75 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 am

Had a related issue after i got the 3DTouch to work. At first my sensor pin would not deploy at all and constantly showed error blinking. It turned out that the little magnet in there was not covered by the heat shrink tubing so it was permanently stuck to the top screw. However, manually attaching a little molten filament to the upper tubing end and then making sure it covered the magnet, got the device to deploy and retract just fine, after i got the amount right with a little experimenting.

The Issue with the "crashing": In the tutorials, it is said that when the nozzle touches the print bed the retracted sensor tip should be 1.5 to 3 mm higher than the bed. THIS WAS INCORRECT - in my case it needed to be 5.5 mm higher. I had to change the sensor height slowly until the gap between nozzle and bed was satisfying. Of course, when you mount the Sensor half a millimeter too high (and the 1.x marlin firmware with enabled 3D-Touch ignores the end switch) it results in a crash.

I think the reason for this may be how the sensor magnet is attached to the metal rod. It is only attached by heat shrink tubing, and that does not seem to be very accurate in production. Therefore, every sensor might have a few millimeters difference. So one has to try out.

-> Maybe, adding a temperature resistant (not deforming) non-magnetic distance rod between magnet and sensor rod and making sure that all these touch tight when shrinking the tubing, could reduce tolerances.