Noob needs help

tomfrankson

Noob needs help

Post by tomfrankson » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi,

I received my A10 two days ago and as I'm totally new to 3D printing, there is already things I don't get :)
Here are the few points I'd like some help with, please.

- I realized that the bed isn't really centered. If I level the border on the left-front and pull the bed to level the left-bottom corner, it's not on the corner, it's a bit more on the right inside the bed... Is there a way to correct that?

- When I level (for example) the left-front borden and moves the extruder to the right, it seems to scratch the bed a bit, but the right-front border isn't too high, it's like the bed is not totally flat...

- When I home the extruder, it doesn't go on the left-front corner, it goes outside of the bed, is it normal?

- I ran out of the test filament and wanted to push filament from a new spool while it was printing, but once the test filament passed the gear that pushes the filament into the extruder, it stopped moving forward, even with the new filament pushing on it at the back... Now it's stuck... I don't want to break anything, so what's the best way to remove it. And for my information, what is the good practice when it comes to change filament during a print?

Thanks! :)

Tom

AFewSkroosLoose

Re: Noob needs help

Post by AFewSkroosLoose » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:16 pm

I recommend turing all your bed level wheels clockwise to tighten all springs and make bed lowest possible before you bring nozzle over to level - this will help make sure you do not scratch bed. Then loosen them as needed to set bed height. I found i needed to adjust z axis limit switch close to z axis to get the best combination of bed spring stiffness and bed adjustability.

Next the nozzle SHOULD be approx 5mm off the bed to the left after homing. This helps ensure it does not crash into bed if bed is not properly leveled.

To remove old material in extruder, teflon tube, and nozzle, you must heat up nozzle using lcd screen knob "control > temperature > nozzle then turn wheel to set temp to about 190...once warmed up, you can depress the extruder spring lever and pull old filament out.

Now you can feed new line into extruder tube by opening spring again and pushing your material through to the hot end...you will feel some resistance when it is in far enough. This should prepare you for more printing with new material.

Under the menu prepare > move axis > extruder screen, you can use knob to advance extruder 10mm or so to push out old material and 'prime' your nozzle with new material oozing out - note you must have your nozzle near print temperature when priming or the cold material will jam in nozzle or extruder gears will shred it trying to force it through.

Hope this helps!