Feeder stepper motor not moving

Woolicorn

Feeder stepper motor not moving

Post by Woolicorn » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:50 am

I bought the A10 about 2 weeks ago and was using it most of that time. I was super happy with it but today it stopped printing. The feeder motor just doesn't move at all. Even when I press the spring so the motor should have no resistance at all it doesn't move. I tried checking old forum post or google the problem, but everything I found was about the motor moving, but nothing that helped me with my problem.
I already made sure that the extruder isn't clogged. It takes minimal force to manually push the filament through the heated nozzle.
It also certainly isn't some slice setting i messed up because it printed some gcode yesterday that is still on the sdcard and today it doesn't do it anymore.

Since I'm very new to 3D printing I don't even know where else to look and what mistakes I could have made. Any help is appreciated!

William
Site Admin

Re: Feeder stepper motor not moving

Post by William » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:41 am

Hi, See if the extruder motor can run,
If not, swap the motor wire on the x-axis motor side with the motor wire on the extruder side.
See if it is a problem with the motor cable.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Woolicorn

Post by Woolicorn » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:13 pm

Finally got the time to test some stuff. Weird thing is that when I move the filament with the "move axis" function it does that as if everything is alright. And that's with both the "right" cable and with the x-axis cable. Only when I try to print a gcode there are problems. This happened the first time in the middle of an overnight print. Not sure if happened that caused the issue.
Also it turns out that the filament motor actually does move while printing, just with very little force. When I press the tension spring so that the motor has no resistance it moves like it should.
This confuses me because like I said, it has no problem whith the "move axis" function.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:24 am

Hi, Can you print
Whether the motor of the extruder can run normally,
If possible, please provide specific videos.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!