For add Wifibox function suggestion

1.I can control printer on PC with wifi box
55%
2.I can send gcode files to wifi box by PC(Easyprint3d)
45%
3.I want these on my MAC
No votes

Total votes: 31

Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:04 am

You can select it what you think is the important

Alienmoon

Re: For add Wifibox function suggestion

Post by Alienmoon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:24 pm

@Admin

Thank you, for the opportunity to let GEEETech understand what we need and pray for, When I first bought the WIFI module, It wasn't clear that I could only use it on a cell phone and Not on the PC.

I have to admit, I did feel, somewhat taken advantage of,... Moving forward, all my files for printing are on the PC and not on my phone, I only have one app on my phone for printing and that's the Thingiverse App, though, I never download any files on the phone, I just add to a collection.

Anyway, Thank you, for this chance to vote and I do hope this feature will be added shortly, in the near future.

Regards
I Want To Believe

ekoslav

Post by ekoslav » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 am

If I understand correctly, the wifi box connects to the central server to receive jobs.

If this is the case, instead of making software versions for android, PC, MAC, why instead not create a web version ?

This way it will work on any OS / Hardware.

Even without slicer, just a place where gcode file can be uploaded and transferred to the wifi box for delivery.

pepsicosmos

Post by pepsicosmos » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:55 pm

any news here? the wifi is a very nice tool, but i only work with cura and s3d, so i will send my gcodes to the wifi modul from pc...

advil

Post by advil » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:20 pm

I purchased a Wifibox but discovered almost immediately that it just didn't do anything I wanted or needed. I use my own slicer and have little interest in Easyprint. I built an Octopi and had it up and running a few days later and it's exactly what I need. Controling the printer from my PC with all functions on screen at once from across the room is perfect.

Here's my suggestion: I don't know how capable the hardware in the wifibox is, but could it be set up to allow the Octoprint web interface to talk to it directly and start/stop/upload prints? Even if it can't do anything else, integration with the established tool would make it about perfect.

The real need is for the wifi module to eliminate running a network cable to the printer from... wherever. Beyond that I just need to be able to control a print job from elsewhere on the network. Not slice, just control.

If you can get it to do that, it would be like a basic already setup arduino octoprint, wireless, with less features but also easier setup and less than half the cost.

pepsicosmos

Post by pepsicosmos » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

i´m not interested at octoprint if i can send my prints from my pc direct to the geeetech wifi dongle... !

why should i buy the wifi dongle when i own a octoprint server????

mariusvr

Post by mariusvr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Same here. Bought it and was disappointed that it does not connect to PC and only mobile phone.

This is an essential function, so please add.

Kdogley

Post by Kdogley » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:45 am

Not sure if I’m in the right place but can anyone help me with setup of Wi-Fi box as I can’t get it to see my printer nor can I see printer in Windows except when I run EasyPrint 3d
Print 3d doesn’t see printer printers only sees my hp printer but not D200

nancychandler360

Post by nancychandler360 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:40 pm

That's great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic. Please come to my blog and read it. Indigo Login