Need Help On Lock screen Time Out

Corygantt

Need Help On Lock screen Time Out

Post by Corygantt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:39 pm

Hello everyone. I need help with my laptop. I can't change the lock screen timeout in Windows10. Can anyone help in this regard? Any help will be appreciated.

Corygantt

Re: Need Help On Lock screen Time Out

Post by Corygantt » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:59 pm

Guys, Can I follow the steps provided in this article safely?

Amanda5

Post by Amanda5 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:52 pm

In the Edit Plan Settings window, click the “Change advanced power settings” link. In the Power Options dialog, expand the “Display” item and you'll see the new setting you added listed as “Console lock display off timeout.” Expand that and you can then set the timeout for however many minutes you want.
www.peryourhealth.com

jamieghosal

Post by jamieghosal » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:21 pm

I am giving the full solution with steps that will help you on Lock Screen Time Out -

On Windows 10, similar to Windows 8.1, the operating system features a lock screen before you sign in to your account. The new experience showcases date and time, quick status for apps you choose, and more importantly a background image, which typically, users opt to display personal pictures or those from Windows Spotlight.

While the Lock screen provides useful information and beautiful pictures, you probably noticed that your computer's display turns off after 60 seconds when you lock your Windows 10 account. This happens even if you change the power options to never turn off the monitor or never put the computer to sleep.

The reason is that by design, the operating system includes a function that detects when the device is locked and waits for 60 seconds. After the time expires, the computer screen goes black. This is a function, which for a mysterious reason, users can't customize in Control Panel or the Settings app. However, you can modify the Registry to enable a new option in the power settings to change the time to anything you want. Basically, it irritates me a lot while developing the erp for small businesses and related things. In this Windows 10 guide, we'll walk you through the steps to tweak the Registry (or Command Prompt) to customize the operating system should way until turning the display off, which will give you more time to see the background, status, and interact with Cortana on the Lock screen.

How to change the time when the display turns off when your PC is locked
How to change the Lock screen timeout using Command Prompt

How to change the time when the display turns off when your PC is locked. Basically, I have cross-checked these processes along with remote onboarding software, and it's working properly. Important: Before diving into this guide, it's worth noting that editing the registry can be dangerous, and it can cause irreversible damage to your system if you don't do it correctly. It's highly recommended to make a full backup of your PC before proceeding. You've been warned!

Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command, type Regedit, and click OK to open the registry.
Browse the following path:

HKEYLOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99\8EC4B3A5-6868-48c2-BE75-4F3044BE88A7

On the right side, double-click the Attributes DWORD.
Change the value from 1 to 2.
Click OK.

These steps only enabled the option on Windows 10 called "Console lock display off timeout." Now the only thing left to do is to customize this option to any time you want. To do this, use these instructions:

Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Power Options.
Click the Change plan settings link for the selected plan.
Click the Change advanced power settings link.
On Advanced settings, scroll down and expand the Display settings.
You should now see the Console lock display off timeout option, double-click to expand.
Change the default time of 1 minute to the time you want, in minutes.
Click Apply.
Click OK to complete the task.
Once you complete the steps, you can test the new settings by locking your computer (Windows key + L keyboard shortcut), and now the screen shouldn't turn off until the time you set expires.

At any time, you can revert the changes by following the previous steps, but this time, on step 4 change the registry value key from 2 to 1.

Use the Windows key + L keyboard shortcut to lock your PC and see if the new settings work.
The command mentioned in step 2 will work when your computer is using AC power. You must replace /SETACVALUEINDEX for /SETDCVALUEINDEX if you want to change the timeout setting on your laptop or tablet running on battery.

It's worth noting that while changing the Registry settings is an advanced task, during my test, I have found that sometimes using the command lines may settings may not work as expected, but it's an alternative.

On the other hand, changing the Registry worked perfectly, and after making the tweak, I can simply go to the Power Options settings in Control Panel and adjust the Lock screen timeout without having to use any commands.

Hope this solution will help you properly.
Exactlly software is a leading software and solutions provider specializing in ERP, HRMS, CRM and PMS. hr compliance is very important. ERP software transformation is also very important.