Print issue diagnostic needed...

tjm3d_auto

Print issue diagnostic needed...

Post by tjm3d_auto » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:36 pm

Here's a pic of the 20mm calibration box. Overall it prints pretty darn good, BUT, why the diagonal lines? See pic.

Tried a bunch of settings but can't get rid of them. All prints have them, even larger prints but larger prints are not this regular.

Any suggestions?

Added: The original 140mm square print that came with the MeCreator2 also has these diagonal lines but not quite
as pronounced as my 20mm calibration box.

2nd Added: I took a look at a print I made a while back and found that the first 10mm of layers in a 50mm x 45mm section had the diagonal
effect but the rest of the section smoothed out and didn't produce the diagonal lines. Odd, but there must me a way to stop
this effect.

thanks,
tjm3d
Attachments
3D-diag.jpg
3D-diag.jpg (135.85 KiB) Viewed 10562 times

Admin

Re: Print issue diagnostic needed...

Post by Admin » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:37 am

Check the Z-axis assembly, which may bend or shake
Check the belt tension of the X and Y axes
Friction on the shaft can prevent smooth movement on the print, clean and lubricate the shaft.
Make sure there are no major changes in temperature during the printing process. The fan does not suddenly increase or the room temperature/ventilation condition drops.

tjm3d_auto

Post by tjm3d_auto » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:52 am

Checked all of those.
Z-axis is solid, replaced the X and Y belts with steel belted stuff and tensioned properly for free movement, shafts are all clean and lubed and move with no issues. Temperature at the extruder is extremely consistent due to replacing the temp sensor with what I think is a higher quality unit. The old one went bad, anyway. My MeC2 is plexiglass enclosed on the three open sides and partially closed on top for temperature consistency.

Here another kicker. I used the same calibration box (printed about 10 so far) with some changes. Changed print speed, extruder output, infill density and type. Changed the extruder tension AND replaced the more coarse bronze toothed gear with a finer stainless steel unit. With the gear change the diagonals got a bit finer (see pics). The other thing I noticed is three boxes had lines that slanted down and to the right. The other boxes had diagonals that slanted UP to the right (see pics again). Print direction was always the same so far as I noticed.
MEC2_diagonals.jpg
MEC2_diagonals.jpg (81.84 KiB) Viewed 10337 times
Finer diagonals with the gear change, but still there.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Oh, great.

Have you tried any other model positions? For example, diagonally to the last position :?:

I'm curious about the effect.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.