printing issue

grizlyadams

Re: printing issue

Post by grizlyadams » Sat May 02, 2020 1:29 am

how do you tell a g3w the the bed is offset ?

i've positioned the headin the right place and selected set offset from the lcd menu and that seems to do absolutely nothing.

the is just beginning to irritate me now. :x

Thoth

Post by Thoth » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:30 am

Not sure if you're still at it with this or not, but try loading the STL file into your tool of choice (Repetier Host, Easyprint 3D, etc.) not the gcode.

It sounds to me like there's the equivalent to "Jump to X=N, Y=(M+15)" in the code you've pulled, and that's what's causing your second layer to print out at the edge.

I'm mucking about with my daughter's 2+ yr. old I3 Pro W and, other than it having some temper tantrums with narrow cylindrical or or post like objects, it's behaving - but, I always generate my gcode from the STL by slicing in Easyprint 3D and then printing via the USB connection. If you look up the Marlin firmware Gcode (don't have the link handy) you can learn to read the gcode fairly fast - it looks very much like Assembly code to me :-) This might let you figure out what's going on at layer two if you read the actual gcode.

Hope that's of help

blancot

Post by blancot » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:56 am

i'm pretty sure it's not 3, or 6 - the belts are tight and if i control it manually the head travels the full x,y and z distance easily

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf